Voice Recorder w/Pause Recording

JTAndrews

Reaction score
... new to the forum and to Droid. So far I've been able to find my answers by searching. However, this one has been elusive...

I'm looking for a Voice Recorder App that can pause while recording. It doesn't need to have high quality sound, and I don't need to be able to email the voice files in any particular format. I just need to be able to start and stop the recording while I make notes to myself that I will use when I get to my office.

I'm coming from a Palm Tungsten, and this is the app that I miss most. I will use the appropriate voice recoderd every day.

I'm hoping the users on this forum can help as I have been unable to find something on my own in the market.

Thanks.
JT

mikeyd08

Reaction score
I use a free app called note everything n the market. Does voice, text and draw notes. Sync addon will sync text notes with google docs. Going to get the paid version soon to add picture notes and password protection.

OP
J

JTAndrews

Reaction score
Does it pause during recording?

I downloaded he app, but I can't find a way to make it pause while recording. Am I missing something?

I really need a voice recorder that can pause. I use it everyday on my Palm Tungsten. I record a 45 sec. note over the course of 15 minutes. When I get to my office, I play it back and act on it.

The pause is the main feature that I am looking for.

Thanks.

JT

OP
J

JTAndrews

Reaction score
No pause capability on Note Everything

I just received an email from the developer. Note Everything does not have the ability to pause during recording at this time. He says they are working on it.

Anyone know of one that will do what I need?

Thanks.
JT

blamejake

Reaction score
Livo Recorder Pro. I'm not sure if the Lite version has the pause while recording feature.

Good luck.

OP
J

JTAndrews

Reaction score
Thanks, BlameJake. I downloaded the free version of Livo Recorder, and it fits the bill perfectly. It's exactly what I am looking for. It even has a widget on the home page that mimics the control panel on my old Palm device.

I will upgrade to the Pro version if I need to record more than 30 minutes per month.

Thanks, again.
JT

Warlord2012

Reaction score
Tape-a-talk

What I use is free and is only limited by your phones memory. I always use an app called Tape-a-talk. You can get it on the android market for free. It can record in 3gp and wav formats with high quality sound and it can be paused :) it can also record while in background :) as well as when the screen is locked :) I would recommend it :)