Voice Recorder: High quality for lectures

OP
X

xMyStiCx

Reaction score
There is also a new app out called Hifi recorder. It also records in very high (uncompressed) quality, but also gives you the option to compress the file AFTER recording. Its kind of pointless for it try to compress after its done recording, I'd rather just do it on my computer once I sync. Also, HIFI appears to stop recording if you get a call/text. Give it a try though.

GunnySpook

Reaction score
Problem with Rehearsal Assistant

Today was a bad day.

I have two sessions recorded via Rehearsal Assistant of class notes and test question reviews. TEST QUESTION REVIEWS!

Unfortunately my Droid locked up when I tried to terminate the session.

NOTHING would unfreeze it - which led to removing the battery to get it going again.

Now, I have the two files in the urbanstew directory of the Rehearsal Assistant. The first file is 1.3 MB, and the second file is 582 KB. The recording was done uncompressed, and the files are .wav files.

The first one plays as 15 seconds of audio, and the second one plays as 6 seconds of audio.

HELP!

Are these files fully recoverable in some mystical, secret way?

Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated!

The Gunny

riffdex

Reaction score
I really don't know if you can retreive the files man, I'm sorry ): But a good idea for future reference I think is, stop and start a new recording every 10 minutes or so. This way even if your Droid freezes up at some point, any recordings that you weren't in the middle of will still probably be saved. (I'd assume that as soon as you press stop the recording is saved to the memory stick). Then if the Droid crashes you lose at most 10 minutes, while saving everything before that. Rehearsal Assistant says that wav recording is experimental and buggy, so I wouldn't be surprised if once a recording gets large enough it will freeze the Droid up.

GunnySpook

Reaction score
Thanks, RIFF - I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone else knows "the secret".......

The Gunny

BluePlate

Reaction score
I've been looking for a good quality voice recorder--I think I'm going to try the Rehearsal one.

Just a note from my experience with VoiceRecorder: I recorded a lecture (I teach online and post audio lectures), emailed it to myself, and converted it to .wav format. When I hit "stop recording," I noticed that I'd talked for 22 min or something, but when I opened the file to playback (both as a .3gp and .wav), it was only 18 min!

WELL, it turns out that in some spots, my voice was totally sped up! It was crazy--like playing a cassette tape back just a little too fast. So just a fair warning to those using VR--this may happen!

I was pretty disappointed, because I had to rerecord it all again. In fact, I eventually went and got my old BlackBerry out and recorded in on that. I will say that BB had a *great* quality voice recorder.

snowman

Reaction score
I use Rehearsal assistant-Free and better then excellent it's for recording music for musicians.
I'm surprised it wasn't aready mentioned

BluePlate

Reaction score
I tried Rehearsal Assistant, and had the same problem! During playback, my voice was sped up at times (very noticeably), and all crackly at others. I'm beginning to think it's a problem with my phone, and not the recording software.

bestulin

Reaction score
Dictadroid - new voice recorder app

Hi,

I stumbled across this post and wanted to mention that there is a new app available on the Android Market called Dictadroid.

I developed Dictadroid with the goal of making a simple but powerful voice recorder.

Please download Dictadroid and let me know what you think. You feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Boris

googlelover

Reaction score
The best sound recorder I've used is called virtual recorder, in my opinion it works great (never had a FC on it so far) sounds great (using it to help my friend record his mixtape soon) go look it up in the market, its free, and theres an app that lets you convert the filetype to MP3 on the phone. The format it records in is called pcm.