Voice Options

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You can, but that should have no effect on the Moto app / driving mode. I suspect that functionality will operate the same on a different Launcher as it does on the stock Launcher.

Have you tried just a cache clear and reboot since you started having volume issues?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
You can, but that should have no effect on the Moto app / driving mode. I suspect that functionality will operate the same on a different Launcher as it does on the stock Launcher.

Have you tried just a cache clear and reboot since you started having volume issues?

Hadn't even thought of that, duh... Just did. Thank you!!!
I'll let you know after my commute tonight.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks Dani, and everyone. I'm going to stick with Moto Voice as I like driving mode. I did ruin into want Sajo said when trying to use both.
Thank you

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

JDH

Reaction score
My 2 cents, I have tried commands with the native system of my Grand Cherokee, sucks, Google now, not much better, and Google assistant, half assed. Voice recognition with Moto voice is head and shoulders above the others. A simple command like "call Nancy" will throw the other three into panic and come back with something not even close.
Moto will turn on my Bluetooth when I ask, read my text order my lunch and pick up my laundry. Dilly Dilly

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I'm on Moto Voice for good. I really like the phone and text alerts and being able to reply via blue tooth devices like headphones, ear buds, and a GOgroove FlexSmart 2 (can use in vehicles without Bluetooth via the cigarette lighter and FM radio-flawless).
Moto Voice makes it the easiest on me to request info, input navigation, receive and reply to phone calls and texts.
Thanks for everyone's input. It's a great help to get others input and experiences. ✌

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree completely TxDoc and JDH. I have no plans on switching away from Moto Voice (and the integration with Google Now). It provides all the hands free functionality that I want, and use often. Excellent product Moto!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I agree completely TxDoc and JDH. I have no plans on switching away from Moto Voice (and the integration with Google Now). It provides all the hands free functionality that I want, and use often. Excellent product Moto!

why change if it provides all your needs :)

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
why change if it provides all your needs :)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
Hate to say it, but when debit cards came out, I never used it for two years. The girls who worked for me kept telling me I was stupid. Finally, they said you would like it. I said I didn't want charges for using it. They said it was like writing a check without the paper. After that, I've not written but about 5 checks since! I pay online from checking, too, now. But, I still don't let THEM withdraw automatically from any account. I had s friend in college. None of us had any money to spare. The.Dallas cable TV company took her $30 monthly bill and tried to withdraw $3000.00! It took her 8 weeks to get it straightened out. We had to help each other buy food, gas, etc., to get thru that.
So like me resisting change..my brick phone Nokia was all I wanted. The keypad started dying and I tried to buy a new board on eBay and found nothing..I went to Verizon and they took one look and asked WHERE I got the phone. I said from YOU. They informed me that phone model was discontinued like 5 years ago. A friend said, get the Droid. I said what is that? He said it just came out and is Smartphone. I said I don't need that. He said you better get with it or you'll be left behind, it's like a little computer with internet access, too.
I tried it and was very confused for about three days. I figured out an app was like a computer program...kinda.
SO! Now I ask and investigate you see if I'm missing out, or can learn something new that could really benefit me or others.
Sorry for the marathon post
Thanks to everyone . Your time, your help, your knowledge your expertise and judgment/opinions are all very much appreciated. .

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk