voice commands for media player?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found an app that allows the control of the music player through voice commands? (similar to that of the iPhone 3Gs)

Unless I'm missing something, that seems like the ONLY thing I can't do with my voice on the Droid.

swelshonse

Reaction score
I'm curious about this as well. The salesman at the Verizon store told me it had voice commands for the music player, but I haven't found them yet.

rjax

Reaction score
You can try Choice Dialer DJ (which also requires Choice Dialer). It used to work for me.

swelshonse

Reaction score
One phone that I know has it is the LG Dare. I would imagine that other Verizon devices have it as well, although my previous phone, the LG Voyager, did not.

I'll keep searching as well. Thanks for the info!

Samstag

Reaction score
Astro Player has settings for voice commands, but either I can't figure out the right way to use them or they just aren't available in the beta version.

swelshonse

Reaction score
Choice Dialer does supposedly have voice commands to play music, but only in the paid version. Even with Choice Dialer DJ installed, the free version doesn't have the play commands available. I'll check out Astro Player next.

swelshonse

Reaction score
Yeah I can't figure out how to make the voice commands work with Astro Player either. I read some of the forums for the app, and it sounds like it might be bugged.