Voice Calls ... Other line can't hear me.

renholder

Reaction score
The last three voice calls I've made (2 down, one up), the other caller has complained about not being able to hear me. I have generally terrible hearing (my last phone was so quiet I couldn't ever hear anyone unless I was in an empty, quiet room) but I can hear everyone fine on the Droid 4. Unfortunately, it seems that people have trouble hearing me. One said it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel. I was in my living room. Has anyone had this issue?

OP
R

renholder

Reaction score
I just tried experimenting. Called my own phone with another phone. There is A LOT of noise on the other line. The voice from my line is very hard to hear - sounds like someone's driving through a tunnel with the windows rolled down.

I tried taking my phone's case off, in case that was muffling a microphone somewhere - no improvement.

OP
R

renholder

Reaction score
Okay, I'm pretty much positive that my microphone either started off bad, or has gone bad. I downloaded a free voice recorder program, and recordings are completely garbled. I can understand every other word, maybe.

I bought this phone on amazonwireless. Can I walk-in to a Verizon store for a replacement, or do I have to send it back to Amazon?

OP
R

renholder

Reaction score
wrong thread. sorry.

Last edited: