Voice Call Problems...

Reaction score
Happened to me twice so far. All of a sudden caller says I'm breaking up, then can't hear me. I can hear them just fine though. I really wish it would have been Moto who had made this phone under the guidance of Google.

i don't! not after the bionic and droid gingerbread update debacles :icon_eek:

OP
INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Happened to me twice so far. All of a sudden caller says I'm breaking up, then can't hear me. I can hear them just fine though. I really wish it would have been Moto who had made this phone under the guidance of Google.

I agree with u, compared to the OG and past Motos the sound and call quality doesn't hold a candle to them. Yeah the Bionic and Razr have issues but I haven't seen much with call issues. My gf had a razr for a while and my friend has one and they never experienced call problems.

Now with that being said don't get me wrong, this phone is hot real hot, love the damn thing and its the best out to date so don't flame me for saying I wish it was a moto but Sammy did good on this phone, I'm just a moto guy. I hope the issue gets fixed soon, its more less just annoying, all u do is hang up and call back and its fixed again for a while. Either way its not enough to ever make me get rid of this phone :)

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)

GoBears

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love this phone. Plain and simple, Samsung radios suck. They just proved it again haha. I just really hope its software. Fwiw I tried the new radios and in my device they were awful. Data speeds were very low with no improved signal. I pray that are still tweaking those before 4.0.3 drops. Besides the radio, phone is still the best on vzw and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I got a Razr in a trade and it just sits here. I used it for NFL mobile and that's it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

creaky

Reaction score
I had a similar problem today while using an old-school wired headset. However, it seems that both me *and* the person I was talking to sounded like they were breaking up. The headset has worked fine in the past, so I don't think it's that. Maybe this has something to do with the 3G/4G outages recently?

Also, I'm on the stock radio that came with the Nexus. Hope VZW or the devs can push something out fast that fixes this!

OP
INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Guys it was a all time worse today. People said they couldn't hear me 4 times n less the 10 min conversations today. Then after the 4 call backs I had a good solid clear call for over a hour that worked flawlessly. WTF??? How can it work so crappy one moment and the next it works flawlessly.

Anyways I made a stop at VZW Friday to let them know about the issue. One VZW rep has the phone and said he's been having the exact same issue. He told me Samsung knows about the issue and said its a software problem and will be fixed. Has anyone heard anything about this? My bro n law and Sisters phone seem to be having the same issue as my GFs phone hasnt had any issues. I love the Gnex, such a awesome phone but my 2yr OG stomps this thing on phone calls, the most important thing a phone is suppose to do. So frustrating.... :(

kimintenn

Reaction score
I love the Gnex, such a awesome phone but my 2yr OG stomps this thing on phone calls, the most important thing a phone is suppose to do. So frustrating.... :(

I'm having the same issue with random dropped calls and bad call quality. Never had a single issue with my OG droid.