Voice Activated Where Is My Phone

monstermanhbf

Reaction score
Website
www.hpibajaforum.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S7
Hi guys coming over from a Droid Turbo I'm loving my S7 anyhow I'm always leaving or losing my phone around the house. My Turbo had an app where I could say where is my phone etc and it would blast an alarm. Anyone know of an app like that I can use with the S7??

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Android Device Manager will let you ring it from your computer or another Android device.

I'm not familiar with the Turbo's specific software. Are you saying you would activate voice commands and ask the phone itself where it is & then it would ring?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
monstermanhbf

monstermanhbf

Reaction score
Website
www.hpibajaforum.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S7
Android Device Manager will let you ring it from your computer or another Android device.

I'm not familiar with the Turbo's specific software. Are you saying you would activate voice commands and ask the phone itself where it is & then it would ring?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah I already have ADM installed the app I'm looking for is as you mentioned. In case. I set my phone down in the house and can't find it I'd like to find an app that will allow me to say a phrase and then sound a ring tone or notification so that I can locate it physically my self in the house

Chris
Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S7

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The feature you are asking about was partly the Moto App (voice activated touch less controls) and partly Google Now. When you say "OK Google Now" (or your custom launch phrase)....Find my phone it would play a tone / ring so you could find it. Im sure the S7 has Google Now functionality, but does it have any kind of touch less controls, where it is always listening for voice commands, while the screen is off?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I remember a different app on my Maxx. I of course deleted it instantly.

Adm will ring your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I remember a different app on my Maxx. I of course deleted it instantly.

Adm will ring your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
But will it ring it by asking it to with your voice, not having to log into another device?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Open the Google app. Touch the "Hamburger" menu icon at the top of the screen. You may see the following screen and of so, tap the "OK Google Launcher" install button. After it installs continue below.
1487c14b1ad7d0412a1a18aa107440b1.jpg

Then touch "Settings". Then touch the "Voice" option. Next touch "OK Google". Now flip the switch on the "OK Google" detection. It will now prompt you to do the OK Google voice prompts training.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Open the Google app. Touch the "Hamburger" menu icon at the top of the screen. You may see the following screen and of so, tap the "OK Google Launcher" install button. After it installs continue below.
1487c14b1ad7d0412a1a18aa107440b1.jpg

Then touch "Settings". Then touch the "Voice" option. Next touch "OK Google". Now flip the switch on the "OK Google" detection. It will now prompt you to do the OK Google voice prompts training.

Does the OK Google Now voice prompt work on a locked screen on the G S7 Fox? Or only once the screen is on?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I believe this makes the phone "always on" listening just like the Motorolas.