Virus protection

MLCThunderboltuser

Reaction score
I have been seeing that there are some virus applications out there and was wondering if I should truly download it on my phone. I know you should have virus protection on your computer with internet so it would make sense to put it on phone just never really thought bout it till now. What is everyone else's views on it...

lerit50

Reaction score
I have been seeing that there are some virus applications out there and was wondering if I should truly download it on my phone. I know you should have virus protection on your computer with internet so it would make sense to put it on phone just never really thought bout it till now. What is everyone else's views on it...

No.

And don't use a taskkiller either.

Verizon thinks both of these are needed for some reason but they are a complete waste. If I wasn't on my phone I would give you the links to people's write-ups of why they are bad. But i'm sure someone will spot the links for me (help me out guys :p )

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
You might see a bunch of virus news reports, but don't worry :p they do nothing but scare you into buying their products! Viruses only come to people who install apps without even looking at its name!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Natey2

Reaction score
Corporate IT departments I've seen always run Antivirus software on their Windows machines, but not on Linux machines, even though there is reason to believe that a virus under Linux is possible:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/debunking-the-linux-is-virus-free-myth.html

Then we have Web Browser hijacking malware and known phishing sites, which some AV packages can proactively warn you about as you inadvertently browse there.

And if you have access to those Corporate AV reports, you'll see people from all areas of the corporation (including experienced software developers) getting infected because of some site they visited or some file they downloaded.

Time will tell if Android becomes the next platform of choice for viruses and malware, after Windows:
SFGate Android Malware article

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Last edited:

lerit50

Reaction score
Corporate IT departments I've seen always run Antivirus software on their Windows machines, but not on Linux machines, even though there is reason to believe that a virus under Linux is possible:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/debunking-the-linux-is-virus-free-myth.html

Then we have Web Browser hijacking malware and known phishing sites, which some AV packages can proactively warn you about as you inadvertently browse there.

And if you have access to those Corporate AV reports, you'll see people from all areas of the corporation (including experienced software developers) getting infected because of some site they visited or some file they downloaded.

Time will tell if Android becomes the next platform of choice for viruses and malware, after Windows:
SFGate Android Malware article

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

As of now they aren't needed.

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g