Viewing photos

Aerysana

Reaction score
Is there a way to set a stock incredible so that photos are shown on the screen correctly? Some photos should be viewed portrait and some in landscape, is there a way to make them show up that way automatically?

Sent from my droid incredible

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Can you clarify a bit? Are you meaning turn to landscape on the screen no matter of the phone orientation automatically? If so, then no. If I'm not understanding right, let me know.

OP
Aerysana

Aerysana

Reaction score
Some of my pics from my last phone I transferred to my dinc. My old phone was a voyager. All of those pics were in landscape. My friends have phones that also only take pics in landscape. When I get mms from them I open the pc in viewer and see the pic horizontally while my phone is in portrait. When I change to landscape the pic rotates. Now this doesn't sound like a problem, but when I get the pic in landscape so it takes up the whole screen, the pic is actually sideways. Say photo is of a person, when I get to landscape, the pic is full screen, but the person is sideways. Almost like they are laying down. Not sure how else to explain it.

OP
Aerysana

Aerysana

Reaction score
See if this helps. Here is a misc pic that is doing what I am trying to explain
62448215-bc08-d03e.jpg

Obviously the tree is not sideways, but when its a person trying to view and turning your head to try to see the pic correctly is a pain

poloman

Reaction score
You can change it. Open gallery and open the image by touching it. Rotate the pic using two fingers. That is it...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Aerysana

Aerysana

Reaction score
Tried that, all it does is zoom the pic. What am I doing wrong?

OP
Aerysana

Aerysana

Reaction score
Found it sort of, have to save to sd then go to gallery, select pic, go to settings, then rotate pic, thanks for help. Would never have thought to try it without help. Thanks again.

poloman

Reaction score
I think you can just rotate it with your fingers if hou hold the phone in landscape mode.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App