Viewing PDF on Droid

combustion007

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I had couple of questions with regards to viewing PDF on Droid. Since I don't have a Droid yet, I am unable to find these answers for myself, I would highly appreciate it if you guys can help me answer these questions:

Can Droid's browser able to open a PDF? Or does the user need to download the PDF first and then invoke a native pdf viewer to view the pdf?

Thanks a lot.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I had couple of questions with regards to viewing PDF on Droid. Since I don't have a Droid yet, I am unable to find these answers for myself, I would highly appreciate it if you guys can help me answer these questions:

Can Droid's browser able to open a PDF? Or does the user need to download the PDF first and then invoke a native pdf viewer to view the pdf?

Thanks a lot.

Adobe Reader is now available to download in the Market. It's free.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I ended up paying to Docs to Go app and it's worth it for the PDF viewer. I tried a few and this one is nice.

I use an App called "Astro" (free) which will open the files on the card. Then I can open any folders in there, and choose the one I want. Since I do have a few PDF apps (I need to delete them now) it asks which one I want to choose. Then it opens it up. These are files I've saved from e-mail or most likely from my computer directly onto the card.

If it's an attachment to an e-mail, I just click on it and it opens it. There's a button for that on the e-mail.