VideoSurf Knows Movies and Actors Better than We Do

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SfmcvzPgj-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfmcvzPgj-Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

There's a crazy-cool new app out called VideoSurf. It's basically just like Shazam, except it works on movies and actors. If you haven't heard of Shazam it's an amazing app that 'listens' to a portion of a song, then tells you the name of the song and the artist. VideoSurf does the same thing; by 'watching' a part of a movie, it can tell you the name of the Movie and the names of the actors in the scene. Okay, this stuff is getting downright scary-cool... our Android phones are becoming smarter than we are! I wonder when the first smartphone will become 'self-aware' and go all 'Skynet' on us? :eek:

Source: Phonearena
by dgstorm

Jeyman

Reaction score
so why do they say 4g phones? but the phone they are using is on 3g? why limit it if it can run on 3g lol

cool idea still

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Augmented Reality is going to be big and we'll wonder how we got along without it.

JePiNaY

Reaction score
I wish this was available for 3G phones.
Or perhaps, there was an app equivalent to this but for 3G phones.

napjester

Reaction score
This app sounds cool but it's real world use is extremely limited. I guess future implementations of this technology is what could be cool but today, I probably won't bother with it.