Videos to YouTube question

Diordna

Reaction score
I'm trying to record just a little over a minute and the size of the video is for some reason over a hundred mb. Why?? That's so big, and probably why it keeps failing to get on YouTube. Is there an app or something that can help this situation? No way it should be so big!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What do you have the recording resolution set to? If you didn't change the resolution before recording, it defaults to 720p. A little over a minute of video in 720p should be over a hundred mb in order to accommodate the video quality.

In the settings, you can adjust the quality of the video from 1080p all the way down to QVGA. For each step you take down in resolution, the video will get smaller.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Your settings are set at 6 mega pixels, lower it...

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Thank you, but is there something in between default and the lowest, only way I see is the only option to change resolution is normal mode and video message mode, is there other ways?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thank you, but is there something in between default and the lowest, only way I see is the only option to change resolution is normal mode and video message mode, is there other ways?

There is no normal mode or video message mode in the settings for the default camera app. So I'm guessing that you're trying to record the video from an app other than the default camera.

In the default camera app, there are several different resolutions. When in the app, after switching over the video camera, open up the settings. The second option is Video Resolution. Tap that, and it gives you the following choices: HD+ (1080p), High Definition (720p), DVD (720 x 480), VGA (640 x 480), and QVGA (320 x 240).

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
YouTube should be accepting that size..

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
I see that option but that's just for taking pictures, nothing to do with video recording. Flip it too the actual video recording with the switch and you'll see the normal video and video message.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I see that option but that's just for taking pictures, nothing to do with video recording. Flip it too the actual video recording with the switch and you'll see the normal video and video message.

You are looking at the video mode, that is for when you want to MMS the video it will cut the length at which you can record. You need to go into your settings and change your resolution.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Those options are not for taking pictures. They make no sense when taking pictures as the resolution of pictures is measured in megapixels. What I listed, and what Sydman posted screeshots of, are the video settings when you are in "actual video recording."

And as Sydman said, you're tapping on the filmstrip icon for Video Mode (I was mistaken before about it not being in the default camera app, but I was looking in the settings). Tap on the cog on the far left for the actual settings, which includes the Video Resolution options pictured above.

Last edited: