Videos suddenly disappeared from Android Samsung S7

MeoWoof

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7
EDIT: Made the same one on Video section, no idea how to delete this

So my mother asked me to download a video online, which I did. It was a youtube video which I download using other application. I've used the application for a long time and quite trust it despite sometimes its not reliable.

Anyway when downloading I was not paying attention and apparently my Portable wi-fi was losing its battery and the internet got cut-off. Naturally the download failed, but I didn't know that. My mother told me the video cannot be played when she play it, so I checked and find out that the download got cancelled.

And then I tried to delete the failed downloaded video but...The phone hangs!!! I didn't think anything of it at first and I innocently press Home button and see if I can delete it again.

Only to find out the whole videos is the video folder disappeared.

I didn't download the video again in fear it will somehow mess with the data inside the android. I have no idea what causes this nor how to fix it. My mother is distraught that her videos disappeared suddenly, this never happens before. Any help? tnx for any answers in advance.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. It's hard to say what happened, since downloading You Tube videos without a paid subscription is kind of like stealing the video. It's hard to say what that app you are using did to the phone. I'm not sure how to help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
cannot tell you what happened. it be a problem with the app. in the mean time, just download it on your computer and email the video. go to the apps section in settings, scroll down to it and delete the specific app cache and see if it helps.