Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Here's a couple unboxing and hands-on videos of the LG Lucid 4G on Verizon\

[video=youtube;JdiFU0OBr38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdiFU0OBr38&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;5k3DbM99b0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5k3DbM99b0I[/video]

LG Lucid Specs:

Dimensions: 4.7 x 2.45 x 0.45-inches
Display: 4-inch 800 x 480-pixel resolution
Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core
RAM: 1GB
Internal Storage: microSD card not included, upgradeable to 32GB
Camera: 5-megapixel
Weight: 5 ounces
Battery: 1,700 mAh
OS: Android 2.3 Gingerbread, upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0

Pretty good buy for $79.99 with it's mid to low-high end specs.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not a bad looking phone for the specs :) nice budget friendly LTE phone

t35rk

Reaction score
I played with one for a bit and I mostly liked it. The build quality is great and it feels real nice to hold, not too big. Same Qualcomm internals as the Rezound and Spectrum. The screen, while not HD looked great but the blacks didn't seem too black. The text could have been darker. The camera is only 5mp but was okay. Hopefully it gets rooted to get rid of bloat and lag between homescreens.

Bottom line is it seems to be a great budget phone, but no real reason to not wait a month to see and compare the HTC Incredible 3.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

maqsur

Reaction score
Just got a Lucid today from Best Buy.

Only have used it a couple of hours, but so far:

Nice bright screen, albeit 800x480 resolution. IPS screen is good in that I don't really see color banding/gradients like on other androids I have used. Phone itself is light, looks nice, and feels good to hold. Power and volume buttons easily accessible.

Laggy a lot, usually when scrolling (both horizontal and vertically), not all the time. Installed Go Launcher which is better lag-wise, but still happens. Gets a bit annoying compared to using iphone (smooth scrolling). Programs seem to open acceptably quickly. GPS finds location in a few seconds.

That's all I can say so far. Oh, if anyone uses Skype for video calls, there is a lot of feedback from the microphone when using the speakerphone for sound.

As said in post above, at 80 bucks on the upgrade/new line, it's a damn good deal. For 80 bucks, an LTE phone with good screen and decent specs - the flaws are not major enough to dissuade.

Last edited:

t35rk

Reaction score
It's due for ICS. That may take away the lag. I thought I heard the screen is better than most when outside. Let us know, and also report back on the battery which is also supposed to be good.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

maqsur

Reaction score
Yes screen does get quite bright. Especially if u turn off autobrightness . Another thing I am liking is the color scheme . LG if a good job with colors and icons

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk