Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok granted its night out, and I had the light on on the camcorder, the zoom feature for video is a major fail, unless I have something set wrong.

Here is a video I just shot outside to test the zoom feature... now I need to get an exorcism for my dog.... sigh

[video=youtube;_mZZHhtoyoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mZZHhtoyoA[/video]

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
There has to be a setting, why in the hell would they even have the zoom feature if that's what you get. I'm gonna play around with it a bit and see if it fixes that. Was looking forward to using this feature for nephews football games..

DoctorV

Reaction score
The zoom on the Bionic is digital zoom and not optical zoom. Digital zoom is a joke; it's not real zoom. All it does is stretch the picture to blow it up. It's like zooming in on a picture in Photoshop. The more you zoom into the picture the more pixilated it gets. It's the same thing with digital zoom in digital cameras. Just know that there is no real optical zoom on the Bionic. I guess the only real reason I can think that the Bionic has digital zoom is because it costs almost nothing to include it and it's better than nothing. It's not like it's a feature they're touting on all of the spec sheets. Oh and to compound the issue the video was shot at night. Video and still camera's are horrible at night if a ton of lighting isn't provided by either giant lamps or a good strong flash.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would you really expect optical zoom on a phone? A lens that has a motorized extension? Come on man.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums