Video Vigilante?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello,

I'd like to be able to use my HTC DNA to take a video clip and then send it quickly - if I observe, for example, my infant daughter doing something really cute, or on the other hand maybe a subway groper or police abuse. Gmail and Hotmail impose strict maxima on attachments, which limits the video clips I can email via those services to just a few seconds. What do you recommend?

Thank you very much in advance!

Jeff Deutsch

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you open your camcorder and go to the video options/settings is there a option for MMS Video? This will take video clips (at slightly lower quality) that are very small in size.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use drop box, set it up to automatically sync pics and vids, you can set it to use mobile data but will be a data hog if you aren't on unlimited...

OP
JeffreyDeutsch
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
GoCliffGo05, thank you very much!

As it turns out, MMS is quite a bit lower quality, but the camcorder has several different quality options, and Low Quality is good enough to capture at least a couple of minutes' worth and still be able to send it via Gmail. MMS Quality seems to only be necessary if you'll actually need to send it by MMS and not email (say, if you'll need to get action on the video right away and the recipient carries a smartphone but is not at his/her desk and won't think to check his/her email all the time). MMS Quality automatically stops before you hit the 1.2 MB mark, which gives you about 1:05.

So inspired, I checked out the different resolution levels of photos too and found that if I reduce that just one level I can send every photo by MMS (many of mine > 1.2 MB at highest resolution).

Hi macpro88 - Dropbox is certainly a good idea...if you can coordinate synchronizing in advance and time is not of the essence. Dropbox has a neat Camera Uploads feature that works in real time. And thanks also for the reminder about using wi-fi whenever possible. (Having gotten my new phone at a subsidized price and thus forfeited my unlimited data plan, I need to get into certain habits!)

Any other advice anyone wants to give, I'm happy to read and consider!

Jeff Deutsch