video too large

nyr900

Reaction score
seems like every video i take over a few seconds long is too big to send... not just in a text, but in an email.... what is the best way to fix this... is there an app to use to shrink them to a quality which can be sent in email or pix message..... one thing about having some simple feature phone... i could take a video.. then send it.... worked every time... file was never to large.... but i am a total dummy with a new smartphone and i want to learn what to do.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go into your camera, turn it to video, settings , resolution, lower it to the bottom resolution qvga I think it's called. It will give you the standard mms resolution.mms is limited by Verizon to 500kb

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
thanks... so is mms, email and text???? im sorry i don';t know the lingo too well... cuz when i go to send an email it says its even too big for that....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The video camera on high resolution records about 1 mbps, Verizon has a 5mb outgoing limit (thanks to the latest Verizon update) so on highest setting anything longer than 5 seconds is too large.
MMS, is in essence, picture and video messaging. mms stands for multi media service (? on last word) and Verizon has a 500kb limit on it so any video longer than a half a second recorded on high would be too large.
Text message is basically text data only and the little Smiley type stuff is sent as text characters that the phone converts to simple pictures. No video or audio goes over sms(short message service), or also called text.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk and Ultra Keyboard approved.