Video Recording stutters and smears...

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
I am having terrible video recording results.
  1. Stutters and Smears during recording and is evident in playback
If I reboot the phone and record right away its fine.

Is anyone else having this issue?

cerv96xp

Reaction score
yup mine too... im also bummed out with the volume, not loud at all ,like my d1 ....

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just tried my wife's X2...no issues.

It's been on and in use all day, since about 7AM (about 7PM now). Recorded two videos, each about 1 minute, and everything was smooth while recording and playing back.

Pretty cool that you can zoom in/out while taking a video, can't do that on my D2.

OP
D

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Redflee thanks for checking this. I haven't called in yet...I know the routine...Do you know if it is saving your files to the external SD card?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Redflee thanks for checking this. I haven't called in yet...I know the routine...Do you know if it is saving your files to the external SD card?

I chose the setting the first time I launched the camera to save to the SD card, so yes, I think it's saving them there. I'll check if I can get my wife to let me hold her phone again for a couple of minutes. (She likes it kind of a lot more than she likes me, or even a day at the spa.)

Yup - they are stored on the SD card.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok..that's great yours is fine....its got to be a memory handling issue.

She's running unrooted, GoLauncher EX launcher w/maybe three or four of the home screens pretty full of icons/widgets, and has installed maybe 30 apps since she got the phone (rough guess).

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oops....took a quick count - she's been busy. 52 apps installed from the market.

brockeverly

Reaction score
I notice that AutoKiller shows much lower free memory on the X2 than my X had, and this slows and makes many things stutter. I am hovering around 80mb vs 150-200mb on the X. This will get better once the devs get to it, just a waiting game. Pity they didn't add some ram to it.

OP
D

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Just thought I would update my happenings to date. This morning I called tech support. I was hoping it was a setting I had made and forgot about.

1. Went through all the settings
  2. reformatted both cards.
  3. did a factory reset.
After this tech support told me to go back to the store and get a new one.

At the store the senior support guy did identically the same thing after confirming the store model was fine.

Mine still recorded any played back the same (stuttered and smeared the video). It also took a very long time to store the video and afterward took a long time to play.

They gave me a new one and before I left we confirmed the new one worked fine. A two minuted video with panning and zooming recodered and played back fine...it also saved immediatley and we were able to play it back right away. The definately was a hardware issue with the first one.

I also notice that the navigation updates very smoothly and the whole phone feel much better.

If you have this issue you will know it right away and be able to demonstrate it in the store...

tical364

Reaction score
I'm having the same locking, smearing, and pixelating problems with my video on the x2 and it was incredibly frustrating. now tech support is sending me a new one and i'm hoping that this fixes it. if it doesn't, i would guess that it is just a software issue and should be resolved once it is updated and the x2 no longer runs froyo 2.2

OP
D

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Would you mind checking where your storing your videos? Is it the external card or internal? If it is the external would you mind trying it on the internal?

crashnet

Reaction score
Would you mind checking where your storing your videos? Is it the external card or internal? If it is the external would you mind trying it on the internal?

I'm having the same problem and I notice it seems to only be happening with external. Should I still get it replaced?