VIDEO- Quick Tip Galaxy S6 Fast Camera Launch

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In this video we continue the quick tip series for the Galaxy S6. Today's tip is accessing the Galaxy S6 camera. The quick camera launch feature is one of my favorite features. I have not missed a moment with the S6. Simply pull the phone out of your pocket and double tap the home button. This works from the homescreen, or the lockscreen. You can access the camera from the lockscreen using the double tap, but the rest of your phone will still be inaccessible until you enter your pin. Samsung has finally gotten it right with these features!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'd much prefer this functionality than "double-tap home to launch S-voice," which I disabled right away and never use.

I've read that LG has taken it a step further and allows you to shoot a photo with the volume keys without the display turning on. I'm not sure how one would know if they have the subject in the frame or not without seeing it on the display, but it is another option!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nah. That's for perverts. I don't need to hide the fact that I'm taking a picture, just like a quick way to get to it when I need it. I keep my camera icon in my dock so It's always handy from the homescreen and use the slider on the lockscreen to launch it if my screen's off.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nah. That's for perverts. I don't need to hide the fact that I'm taking a picture, just like a quick way to get to it when I need it. I keep my camera icon in my dock so It's always handy from the homescreen and use the slider on the lockscreen to launch it if my screen's off.

I don't think it is targeted at perverts lol. It's supposed to be the fastest way to take a photo without waiting for the screen to wake.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't think it is targeted at perverts lol. It's supposed to be the fastest way to take a photo without waiting for the screen to wake.
I mean, unless you're the type that always had a 35mm camera in hand, picture-taking has become incredibly fast with these devices. At some point, good enough is good enough for me.

Sent from my Note 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The first phone that truly satisfied me with mobile photo quality was the Note 3. Before that I rarely took photos with a phone because they always looked like crap. The OEMs have come a long way these last two years.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
We don't print photos anymore. They are all looped on digital frames that we have around the house and the previous photos looked pretty bad. I wouldn't even load them up on a computer screen.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My phone is my photo album. I share some to facebook because my mom like to keep up with my antics.

I won't deny that the quality has gotten a lot better, but it's served my needs just fine for years.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Facebook went out of business i'd be in a mess since that is pretty much where all my family photos are stored