video on droid

sbd

Reaction score
i have a video files it is in a avi files and another type not sure what it is it come off a dvr but is there a way i can put it on my phone and what do i need to do it and how i now the files is 246mb in avi files can some help and thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
drag and drop.

i don't think the droid plays .avi files. there is a media player called KMPlayer, that might play it, not 100% sure though.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
drag and drop.

i don't think the droid plays .avi files. there is a media player called KMPlayer, that might play it, not 100% sure though.

Forgot about the part of getting it on the phone:)

I made a media folder on my phone, so using astro I see:

/sdcard/media/video
/sdcard/media/tunes
/sdcard/media/clips
/sdcard/media/pics

jgumphress

Reaction score
Real Player has a built in converter that converts music and video to almost any format. It even has a drop down in the converter list for Motorola Droid. And if your SD card is mounted when you convert then it wil automaticaly send the video to your Droid when done. And it's free.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have a video files it is in a avi files and another type not sure what it is it come off a dvr but is there a way i can put it on my phone and what do i need to do it and how i now the files is 246mb in avi files can some help and thanks
What codec? You might want to make sure that the players above support it. AVI is just a wrapper format and it can contain any of a large number of codecs.