Video converter for MAC???

NYZ93

Reaction score
ok i have a mac so i want to put movie on my droid so how do i do it what program do i need so i can convert them to the format then resize them what program(s) do i need again for mac please:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What type of files are these videos that you have on your mac? Have you tried just drag and dropping them?

pigpen

Reaction score
On the mac, use handbrake ... i have videos on my droid in mp4 format, ripped from dvd.

OP
NYZ93

NYZ93

Reaction score
so droid needs to be in mp4 format okay
and do i need to resize them???

pigpen

Reaction score
I dont know what format it "needs" to be in ... but i used mp4 and its crystal clear. You are probably gonna have to resize. I need to go check some notes to tell you what size i converted to. I made these videos for an ipod touch last year, and just copied them to my sd card on the droid, and all was well.

pigpen

Reaction score
Ok, in handbrake, i had it set to convert to 640 x 480 , using the H.264 and AAC codecs, in the mpeg-4 format. Fiddle around with the settings in handbrake you might find something you like better, i have another 10 or so dvds to rip down, and i just dont have the time right now. Originally this was done on a PPC mac running Tiger, and now i've updated my system to a dualcore 2.53 mini, so for me there should be noticeable difference in the time it takes to convert from dvd to mpeg4. I did it in 2 stages. First ripping it off the dvd in dvd format, and then compressing it on the hard drive. This new version of handbrake might do it all with one gesture. So as long as you have the dimensions set to something that works for you, its just a matter of getting from the dvd to the sdcard.

i hope that helps a little more.
regards
Tom

:)

world

Reaction score
a good converter

I tell you a good news,i have used Emicsoft video converter for mac .it is very good ,high quilty ,go to the Google to try it :icon_ banana:

Carlos21

Reaction score
What about me,for convert video for iPod i using Macvide iPod Converter.It’s prog can convert many different formats.Try.

marrysen

Reaction score
video converter for mac

hi buddy!
why not you try iskysoft video converter for mac software that converts almost all popular video formats for Mac.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Handbrake fo sho. Use the iPod Touch/iPhone presets, change video size to 480x854 (I think) or close to it.

ocholoco

Reaction score
Does Handbrake also convert purchased iTunes movies/shows?

edit: nevermind...read their site more thoroughly

Last edited: