vibrating not working...

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Okay, so I have my phone set to vibrate. Now as I'm sure all you guys know, whenever you type something, there's a little jolt to the touch. That happens at first...but after typing like two words, nothing happens and it's as if my phone is set to silent. This happens multiple times...

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
So if anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Rebooting the device will sometimes rejuvenate the vibration motor... hold volume down and power.. try that first.

SJonesGSO

Reaction score
Rebooting the device will sometimes rejuvenate the vibration motor... hold volume down and power.. try that first.

I've discovered that if I give the phone a sharp tap on the back (near the motor), the vibrating comes back...which means this is definitely a hardware issue. I'll have to get it replaced I suppose.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you running a maxxg1 on the new HD??? I know it was a hardware issue on the g1.. I thought it had been resolved for the g2...

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I am running a Droid RAZR MAXX. It's not HD.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
This was an issue that has come up a few times. Apparently there is an issue with the motor not being properly lubricated. Taking the phone apart and relubricating the motor was supposed to fix the problem but I don't remember where that thread was. I'm sure you could google it and find something that works.