Vibrate on Keypress

HarleyMom01

Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have had my Razr Maxx for just over a week but I have started having issues with it since it loaded the new update a couple days ago. When I am typing on the multi-touch keyboard, it will vibrate for about the first dozen or so keys I press, then it stops. It will start working again when I open a new text or webpage and begin typing again, but then it quits again. I check the settings and vibrate on keypress is checked. Is there a way to make it work all the time?

Also, sometimes my phone will play the notification tone for a text, but when I open the text message folder there isn't a new text there.

I appreciate any help or ideas. TIA!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Are you a fast typeist? I ask this because even as slow as I am, I still outrun my Droid X keyboard occasionally and the vibrate skips on a few letters. Also, this may be due to a bit of system lag in Android.

As far as the ringtone issue...make sure your notification ringtone isn't the same as a system ringtone...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
H

HarleyMom01

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what speed I type. It still stops working. Only in the last hour or so, the vibrating has stopped all together. Vibrate on Keypress is still checked in settings.
On the text message issue, they are different ringtones, it's only occasionally that I hear the tone and there is no message. I thought maybe I was just hearing things, but after my friend asked me why I don't always answer her texts, I realized what was going on. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt.