Very strange and upsetting battery issue...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or Nexus issue...

As I do every night I plugged in the Nexus next to my bed (it was at about 35%) and went to sleep.

As I do every morning I picked it up and hit the power butting to see what was going on.

Today however when I hit the power button - nothing - nada. I tried holding it down - nothing. Dead.

Keep in mind this is the extended battery and yes the charger was working and plugged in. I unplugged it and tried it - nothing. I removed the battery and put it back in - nothing.

So I went to the other room, grabbed my original battery and put it in. It instantly booted up no problem at 95%.

I decided to try to extended again. I took out the original and put in the extended and it came right up.

Keep in mind I didn't say "booted up", literally it just worked as if I had not swapped batteries. I pulled it and put it back in again and still it didn't boot up it just came on. (like a hot swap)

The one wildcard here is that I kept the phone plugged in the entire time except when trying to get the extended working after a pull.

Now I have the extended in and it's working fine. And when I did finally get the extended to boot the battery symbol came up first as empty and then a second later as full.

Defective Nexus, Battery, or just bug?

bhoman1

Reaction score
Battery issue

The same thing also happened to me about a month ago extended seemed dead put original in and worked fine the shut down and swapped and no problem since wierd

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's very weird that it happened to you also. I wonder if there is an issue with the extended battery since I never had a problem with the standard.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also what would happen if you didn't have a standard available - no way to get it working...

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I had the extended for mine and never had this issue. I had tons of other issues so I had to let her go to something I'm actually enjoying alot more. Nexus is a great phone but has alot of kinks to work out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I honestly thought I had a dead Nexus and was pissed I had waited to back it up...

Which I will do right now.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Cant figure out how to access my backup files with MyBackupPro on the Nexus.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I read a lot of threads early after release about bad extended batteries. Perhaps this is one of the symptoms of a failing extended battery??

Also, I seem to recall that the Gnex will run without a battery if it is plugged in.

Good luck.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well today in the middle of a call the phone re-booted. First time ever. So I called tech support and they said I had a bad extended battery but they were OUT (again).

They called my local store and told me I could go there and exchange it. I went there and at first they thought they were out and found ONE. They swapped it out and I'm using it now.

I also bought the Verizon Silicon Black Cover - it fits the extended even better than the standard IMHO and looks nice.

F

familia5az

Phone turned off with extended battery and no dice powering back on. Removed battery and reinstalled. Phone working again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Phone turned off with extended battery and no dice powering back on. Removed battery and reinstalled. Phone working again.

Mine did this as well. I chalked it up to SOD, but maybe it's the extended battery? I'll have to keep an eye on this.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad it went back on - it wouldn't go back on for me until I swapped the regular battery first.

But after my first re-boot in a call today it was clearly defective an I got a new one. Liking the case too even though it's a big bulky.