Very slow network!

Jborch8

Reaction score
Hey all. Recently, my network has been extremely slow. From accessing internet to downloading files. Anyone else having this issue? I've tried battery pulls turning off data and all that jazz, nothing works. Having to stick with wifi where it's available. Let me know if the same is happening to you.

Modified Fascinate
SC v2.9.1

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
Can you let us know what area you are in for more targeted responses? Thanks. I personally haven't had any problem here in nashville area.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
Jborch8

Jborch8

Reaction score
I'm in washington. A friend of mine is having issues as well, but we haven't heard of anything from verizon about downed networks. We both put sc 2.9.1 on along with a custom theme and were curious if that may be why. Maybe something happened during that whole process.

Modified Fascinate
SC v2.9.1

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
Doubtful that's the issue. You'd hear about it from others on here. Probably had something to do with verizon updating the area to 4g and network testing.

Sent from my Fascinate Superclean 2.8

Jamis0n

Reaction score
*228 selection 1. After reboot *228 selection 2.... I'm from Seattle area and it works..

sc 2.9v
honeycomb theme

eckotxs

Reaction score
I'm in Bremerton and having the same issues. Slow on everything and I have not had an update since I bought the phone. Speaking of has anybody heard when we are supposed to be getting the update?

Last edited:

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
Read the hundreds of other posts asking this very question...samsung says nothing

Sent from my Fascinate Superclean 2.8

eckotxs

Reaction score
Yeah I have just wondering if anything has come out saying anything differant.

OP
Jborch8

Jborch8

Reaction score
Thanks jamisOn, seems to have been better since.

With the topic of the update, I wouldn't expect a new OS update for the fascinate this year. If you want to get the best out of your phone, do what thousands have done already, including me, and learn how to "safely" take control of it ;)

Modified Fascinate
SC v2.9.1

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Another one that seemed to work for the Gps too. Pull batt and hold power button for 30 seconds. Then reboot.

sc 2.9v
honeycomb theme

TBV

Reaction score
When I read through the threads on the forum it seems as though the majority of people have their devices rooted, so let me start off by stating that my Fascinate is not rooted...

That being said, I have had my Fascinate for about 5 or 6 months, and recently I found the device running slow in regards to processing speeds, and was also having a problem sending and receiving picture messages (MMS).

After some research and input from a VZW tech, I found that clearing the caches of the various downloaded apps (easier than going through the entire app list, although clearing out some of the pre-installed stuff doesn't hurt either), clearing out the text threads and email folders of crap I would never read again and uninstalling apps that I rarely if ever use helped quite a bit, as afterwords the processing speeds were near the norm when I 1st got the phone and the MMS problem was eradicated (still a bit slow loading the app list through the 'Shortcuts' option after a long-touch, however I guess that's to be expected as the more apps on the list the longer it will take to load them).

In comparison to say, the Moto 'X', the Fascinate has a relatively small RAM, and it appears to me that as you load it up with apps, their caches grow and you also have the text and email folders filling up with crap, the device just slows down like any other computer.

That's one of the things I really am looking forward to IF the Fascinate ever gets the 2.2, that being the ability to move some apps to the SD Card, which I assume will help with processing? TBV

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Cache in the system doesn't mean anything. Even with all of my apps, that are capable, on my SD the network of 3g become 1x quite constantly. With my old env2 I had never been without 3g in Seattle and bremerton area where I am constantly in both. With the droids/iPhone frantically being activated, and the other night no 3g nor reception for a couple minutes, I believe theyre trying to minimize per device anyway. Saves them space for more units. LTE is only recently used by PC and the TB.

sc 2.9v
honeycomb theme

pguntle

Reaction score
Just thought I would add to this thread. I am in Indianapolis, IN and for the past few weeks the best speeds I am getting through 3g are 30kb down and 25kb up.

Its rediculous. I am going to call verizon and complain.

I tried the * 228 method listed earlier in the thread. I am running SC 2.9.1v with ec 10 kernel. Is it just me?

M

Mwsr

Im in Ohio and this had happened to me also.. I'm on my 4th replacement phone now..

can + string on 2.1