Very serious question!

dzone67

Reaction score
Have we ever gotten a successful update without causing other bugs or being on time? Seriously -_-"

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

johnd09

Reaction score
Just imagine if they had released it when they were going to originally, it would have likely been worse.

Chukee

Reaction score
I have never received an update that didnt cause other bugs to prop up. window phone...Iphone....droid....windows xp...windows vista....windows 7. man if i had enough time i can keep going on with this. As long as my phone can keep making calls and its not rebooting every other 5 minutes im good.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
I have never received an update that didnt cause other bugs to prop up. window phone...Iphone....droid....windows xp...windows vista....windows 7. man if i had enough time i can keep going on with this. As long as my phone can keep making calls and its not rebooting every other 5 minutes im good.

Wow even iPhone?

Brockjava

Reaction score
complaining about bugs on our phone is like complaining about the stewardess service on TWA. We don't realize the incredible act of being 40,000 feet in the air and enjoying a pepsi while watching a dvd. Have we forgotten? Just 10 years ago I would've thrown my laptop in the ocean to have a phone so incredible.

Sent using my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

cbryant1809

Reaction score
complaining about bugs on our phone is like complaining about the stewardess service on TWA. We don't realize the incredible act of being 40,000 feet in the air and enjoying a pepsi while watching a dvd. Have we forgotten? Just 10 years ago I would've thrown my laptop in the ocean to have a phone so incredible.

Like button

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score

I agree with you to a certain extent. Yet, how long have we waited for this? It's not like we're the only phones to receive the update, other phones got the update flawlessly while we are stuck with a piece of **** update in which I can't get a voice mail. This is ridiculously stupid.

droidking1

Reaction score
Yes but didn't the incredible or incredible 2( I don't remember which) have to have their gb update stopped due to issues?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have to admit I am disappointed with the otas as well. My complaint is that the issues were obvious that testers reported the problems and vzw signs off on the otas anyway and act like they are unaware of the issues when customers complain. Yet if they find that you rooted your device they want to void your warranty and charge you retail for a new device (600). For the money customers paid for these devices the bugs that are in the otas are unacceptable. Yes every device have something but I have owned the d1, d2 dx, tbolt, acer tablet, transformer, and other android devices and have not seen an update so buggy back to back to back. And yes blur has its problems but random reboots and all the issues that result from updates is sad especially when devs are able to fix those same problems with out a problem. So a backyard dev can fix my random reboots and other issues with a poor ota but vzw and htc can not get to it for another 3 months. Yes I have to agree with the op. I love my tbolt and its because I am running a rom and not the official ota.

Thanks Tbolt developers.

afrchutch

Reaction score

Well said

afrchutch

Reaction score
After the OTA that came out around July, my Tbolt had so many bugs I had to take it to big red and they sent me a new one. After receiving my replacement I updated the software again using the same OTA to see if it was just my previous device. Sure enough, the bugs came back. So what was my solution? Rooting, cyanogen mod 7, and flashing a new radio. Since then my Tbolt has been flawless. Its running 2.3.5 GB and no issues with calls, texts, vm, internet, 4g, nothing. And without the stupid HTC sense on there the Tbolt is much faster as well. I highly suggest rooting vs. any OTA. Yes it voids your warranty but I honestly don't see myself needing one anymore. I needed it more when my phone was stock haha.