Very Happy

marsha12151

Reaction score
I am new to the Droid, about two weeks of ownership. I am also a reader, investigator and general trial & error person - not afraid to kill a computer or two.

I am so happy with the Droid I just cannot put it into words! She speed of the browser - whichever one you use. The wonderful themes - again no matter if you use Home, Home++, aHome, Panda, DXTop or anything else. The apps are great - even discovered a few that I taught me something.

If it doesn't work the way you want, uninstall it. Find another one. Just play and have fun. There are so many ways to do things.

I have to second the folks stressing - SEARCH FIRST!! Then be patient and read the responses. Some problems just get repeated over and over because people don't read.

My current set up is:

* Screen Protector (working on the nerve to go naked!
* DX Top with my own picture as the background.
* One screen is for direct dial.
* One is for folders with sites, tools, games, etc with the Droid Power Control widget
* One is empty!
* The main screen has the medic app, the calendar widget, phone, email and market. Also has the DX Top weather widget.

Apps include: Astro file manager, Amazon shopping, shop savvy, key ring, wallet demo, startup auditor, where, geobeagle, google sky map. I have gone through many more but settled on these - thanks to all of you.

Keep up the good work! New users like me find it very helpful!

coondogg97

Reaction score
* Screen Protector (working on the nerve to go naked!

I feel the same way. It is starting to come off now, I just dont have the guts to pull it off. Even after seeing the YouTube video.

Have you had many issues with dxTop? I liked that home replacement app the best, but it was constantly crashing on me so I uninstalled it.

OP
marsha12151

marsha12151

Reaction score
I have tried just about all of them and came back to DX Top. I am probably experiencing something but I am so new, I don't know what it is! Sometimes the screen goes dark but only for 1-2 seconds. The apps seem to start very well with no problem.

One thing I am using that I forgot to put in my list is "Apps Organizer". It lets you asign labels ( 1 or more) to each application. Then those labels (actually files) can be put on your desktop with distinct icons. Very nice because you can have app icons in several folders.

Good luck and lets keep having fun!