Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3 To Have Global Capabilities in the Future

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
gs3_2.jpeg

Galaxy S3 Forums has reported that the SGSIII will be getting the ability to roam globally via an update provided by Big Red sometime in the future. When that update will drop has not been disclosed at this time. This phone is now a complete package.

Via: S3 Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So there's a black and a white version?? Is the color the only difference? I'm seriously considering getting one of these for my son. Its tempting :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

ExodusC

Reaction score
I wonder if there is just going to be a single SKU for US/Canada/Japan that has dual radios, CDMA/GSM- then carriers like Verizon will baseband lock (as usual) to prevent a Verizon SGS3 from being used on AT&T/T-Mobile, etc.

I would be okay with this- because then I feel like it'd basically unify the LTE model's ROM community.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, definitely not pre-ordering if I have to wait a month. I have to buy full retail regardless, so I'm not worried about losing unlimited if I make the purchase. I'll wait.

djsiva

Reaction score
Friend of mine owns a Verizon authorized dealer and he just told me he'd have them on the 26th.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Imma preorder just because my DroidX is in bad shape. The screen is about 25% gone. Stupid bloating battery. Didn't know it was the cause until it was too late. I haven't left the US borders in about 7 years so I'm not worried about global capabilities. Nice that they are there though. I've wanted to go back to Italy and visit family so bad. Been about 16 years since I was there last.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So there's a black and a white version?? Is the color the only difference? I'm seriously considering getting one of these for my son. Its tempting :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
It's not black, but a dark pebble blue.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Imma preorder just because my DroidX is in bad shape. The screen is about 25% gone. Stupid bloating battery. Didn't know it was the cause until it was too late. I haven't left the US borders in about 7 years so I'm not worried about global capabilities. Nice that they are there though. I've wanted to go back to Italy and visit family so bad. Been about 16 years since I was there last.
And your smartphone has kept you from going back to see your family and friend for 16 years, REALLY.:blink: