Verizon's New Upgrade Fees Starting Next Week [Rumor]

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't understand. If I pay retail price for the phone....there's a $20 charge for that?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I enjoy paying fees to own my own device and fees to do anything I do on the network.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I enjoy paying fees to own my own device and fees to do anything I do on the network.
I think I just heard a Verizon rep say, "You're a valuable user of our technology, we will add more fees just for you" ...
NOT.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think I just heard a Verizon rep say, "You're a valuable user of our technology, we will add more fees just for you" ...
NOT.

Shareholders just had a wet dream because I refuse to go to another service provider.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Shareholders just had a wet dream because I refuse to go to another service provider.
I wish I could, but the Big V and ATT are the only 2 will great extended coverage here, and V only works at the wife's office... Sprint/TMob OK, if you don't leave downtown SD...

shockracer

Reaction score
They are making it harder everyday to justify why I still need them. T-MO looks better everytime.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So for 2 or 3 weeks a year you have to deal with sub par network? Doesn't sound like a reason to stay to me.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So for 2 or 3 weeks a year you have to deal with sub par network? Doesn't sound like a reason to stay to me.
So for every Saturday and Sunday I don't have service when I'm on a trail without any way to contact help. No thanks.

CVNP - Zero ATT/TMO coverage, sprint is spotty, Verizon no issues
Mohican - Zero ATT/TMO/Sprint zero coverage, verizon issues on one trail.
Athens Ohio - Spotty for all service.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So for every Saturday and Sunday I don't have service when I'm on a trail without any way to contact help. No thanks.

When's the last time you checked t mobile coverage map? Last year at this time there were huge holes here in Virginia that are now rock solid. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile in 2013 for much better local coverage since I didn't travel much but when I needed to travel to rural areas in Virginia and west Virginia I was roaming, not for free either, on AT&T and my wife who stayed with Verizon was carrying a phone that was useless. I switched to AT&T late 2014 but checked T-Mobile coverage map a couple of months ago and all of those huge dead areas are now covered. They advertised that they were changing existing areas over to a better building penetration LTE but didn't advertise that at the same time they were building out their existing network on droves across the nation.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

You take your phone with you? Noob.
;)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
When's the last time you checked t mobile coverage map? Last year at this time there were huge holes here in Virginia that are now rock solid. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile in 2013 for much better local coverage since I didn't travel much but when I needed to travel to rural areas in Virginia and west Virginia I was roaming, not for free either, on AT&T and my wife who stayed with Verizon was carrying a phone that was useless. I switched to AT&T late 2014 but checked T-Mobile coverage map a couple of months ago and all of those huge dead areas are now covered. They advertised that they were changing existing areas over to a better building penetration LTE but didn't advertise that at the same time they were building out their existing network on droves across the nation.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Last Saturday to CVNP. We are trail runners so it's every weekend.