Verizon's First Dual-Core Tegra 2 phone???

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Asus ee pad > all

You have just been post-pwned.

Asus doesn't necessarily translate to quality. It'll be a good product but product quality should be a concern.

I've been looking into the ASUS tablet, but I really like the xoom. I love ASUS products tho. I have a ASUS laptop that's built around the AMD Phenom II Triple-Core 2.1Ghz CPU and it has an amzing dedicated GPU, among other things and I love it. Plus I've been building custom PC's since I was 15 (I'm 24 now, almost 25) and I use ASUS motherboards alot as well as some of the Graphics Cards they came out with. So in my Experience, ASUS does usually translate to quality, but your right, doesn't mean everything they come out with does. I'm gonna get the xoom over the ASUS tablet. The xoom has everything I want out of a tablet. And as far as the ipad 2 goes, I already have the newest 4th Gen iPod touch, so I don't need a bigger version of it. Xoom=awesomeness lol

And what the other guy said is correct, the original Bionic is dead, it was ccalled the Etna, but moto is coming out with the Targa (spelling?) And VZW is most likely gonna call it the Droid Bionic (its up to the carriers to give the commercial names for the phones they carry), so we will still see it, and it will be better then the etna, and the etna was hella dope, so the new Targa, is gonna be amazing!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Here's a link to the Motorola Targa specs -
www.phonearena.com/phones/Motorola-Targa_id5306

This will be the new "Droid Bionic" but I don't think its gonna come out before the Droid X2 does, so I'm thinkin the DX2 will be VZW's first Tergra 2 equipped phone...the thing I don't get tho is, if they killed the etna due to the fact that the tegra 2 chip wasn't working well with the 4G LTE radio band, apparently it caused a lot of over heating and such, then how are they getting the Targa to work wih he Tegra 2 and the 4G band. If they got it to work, then why couldn't the etna work. Makes no sense to me

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No the bionic will still be out within the nest few months. The targa is an end of the year phone. Being a google device, it will probably be using a new OS (think honeycomb, yes it'll be for phones also)

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
No the bionic will still be out within the nest few months. The targa is an end of the year phone. Being a google device, it will probably be using a new OS (think honeycomb, yes it'll be for phones also)

From what I read, the targa is gonna be the new bionic. There's another thread on here talking about it as well