Verizon Wireless Activates 4G LTE service at Watkins Glen International

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
phish+superball+9.jpg

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. – Fans attending this weekend’s Super Ball IX Phish Festival will be among the first in Central New York to sample Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE high-speed data network. The company announced today it has activated 4G LTE technology on two cell sites covering the Watkins Glen International race track, as well as surrounding areas including the Village of Watkins Glen. The 4G LTE technology will remain on the sites permanently as part of the company’s nationwide rollout of its super-fast data network, giving racing fans the opportunity to use their 4G LTE-capable devices when NASCAR comes to The Glen in August.

Concertgoers, local residents and other visitors to the area can now use their
4G LTE smartphones, laptop modems and hotspots to take advantage of speeds up to 10 times faster than the company’s 3G network. In real-world, fully-loaded network environments, 4G LTE users should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink.

Verizon Wireless introduced the globe’s first large-scale LTE network on December 5, 2010, covering more than 110 million Americans, and is quickly expanding national coverage, currently offering service in 74 metropolitan areas, including Rochester, N.Y. The company is rapidly building out its 4G LTE network, and is on course to deliver 4G LTE to its entire 3G wireless footprint by the end of 2013. The service will be available in the Albany, Syracuse and Ithaca areas by the end of the year.

As the first wireless company in the world to broadly deploy game-changing 4G LTE technology, Verizon Wireless is committed to building its 4G network with the same performance and reliability for which it has long been recognized. Verizon Wireless’ consistent focus on reliability is based on rigid engineering standards and a disciplined deployment approach year after year. The company’s 700 MHz spectrum gives Verizon Wireless specific advantages with 4G, including a contiguous, nationwide network license.

Visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte for more information about Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network.

coltzfan

Reaction score
Now only if I had 4g we live right by Watkins glen. You should are the phishheads. Lmao

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I love Phish and I'm the farthest thing from a hippie. Nonetheless, I do appreciate the classic wooks that follow phish all around the country and greatly contribute to everyone's "fun"... :)

shameronsho

Reaction score
I like Phish too man, but I can not go to a concert because of the hippies. Whenever I see one I get so pissed, I just hate them.

coltzfan

Reaction score
They are every where's this weekend in their VW micro buses. LOL. To be honest I have never heard a phish song. I am the 80s hair band era although my mother was a hippie way back in the day.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pdc419

Reaction score
That's funny. I cut my dreads, jumped off tour, got a real job and I haven't been arrested since :) no 4g where I live tho

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I like Phish too man, but I can not go to a concert because of the hippies. Whenever I see one I get so pissed, I just hate them.

I don't see how a phish fan could have such hatred toward hippies. It just seems wrong.