Verizon Wireless Accessories has a cut out for?????

sincal

Reaction score
If you look at all the droid x pictures under verizon's site there apears to be a camera or sensor of some sort on the bottom near the speaker? My phone does not have this does yours???

Look at the pictures of the Droid X cases you will see what im talking about. Not the droid x under phones. ( you have to look for the cases. Its like they were going to put a sensor there but didnt, and forgot to tell the people who make the accessories?

This is a picture from bestbuy.com Im not getting whhat the whole for the bottom is?

1048807_ba.jpg

Last edited:

jparker0201

Reaction score
i've noticed this on all the cases and hate it. from what i've seen i'm guessing maybe it was going to be a place for an external antenna connection and they decided to axe it or it's under the battery door? i haven't personally checked my phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i've noticed this on all the cases and hate it. from what i've seen i'm guessing maybe it was going to be a place for an external antenna connection and they decided to axe it or it's under the battery door? i haven't personally checked my phone.

I doubt they ever considered an external antenna....

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
Its a mic for recording.

edit: the one on top is for noise cancellation.

Mobile Crunch
Motorola makes pretty clever use of the device’s 3 microphones (front, back, and a noise cancellation mic on top) with three video “Scenario” modes: Narrative, Outdoors, and Subject. Narrative turns down the volume from the back mic, focusing the audio recording on your voice as you shoot; Outdoors shoots from both mics, using the noise cancellation mic to nullify some of the wind; subject is the contrast to the narrative option, focusing the mic recording input on things behind the camera.

Last edited:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The back of my X looks a little different from the picture here.

I don't have that large round circle next to the elongated cut-out (which is the external speaker for speakerphone and such).

I only have one small hole at the bottom, not 3 like in the picture. This is the mic on the back of the phone.

The third mic is located on the top edge of the phone next to the headphone jack. In the picture above, it seems to be covered by the case.

jmburnzy

Reaction score
I have the Black Body Glove case and it has the strange cutout. like something was nixed at the last minute or something