Verizon leather case

ricks

Reaction score
Does anyone own this case and does it turn the phone on when its in it? It will turn the phone if you hold it against the outside of the case, but I need to know how it works for someone else.
Attached Thumbnails

liferefugee

Reaction score
I use this case and have not noticed it turning on the phone. Then again I use widget locker and have it set so no buttons can be pushed to engage the phone except the power button.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DougFNJ

Reaction score
I use this case with no widget locker or anything and it does not turn on the phone. It is not a tight fit if that's your concern, it fits perfectly.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
I like this case, but when I put the back of the phone against the front of the case it turns on. I just hope it doesnt turn on when inside the case. Anyone notice this?

xliderider

Reaction score
I like this case, but when I put the back of the phone against the front of the case it turns on. I just hope it doesnt turn on when inside the case. Anyone notice this?

I use the app Dock Nothingness to ensure that my magnetic leather pouch doesn't turn on either dock mode.

stevewitt

Reaction score
Does anyone own this case and does it turn the phone on when its in it? It will turn the phone if you hold it against the outside of the case, but I need to know how it works for someone else.
Attached Thumbnails

I've had this case for a couple of months and I love it! Snug fit, doesn't activate anything when inserted. Overall a perfect 10!

flyvmc

Reaction score
O.k. found out that the magnet in the case is turning the phone on. It's the magnet in the bottom not the lid. What it's doing is acting like the car dock or the multi-media station because both of those use a magnet to initiate the app. If you place the phone on the front of the case facing you it turns on multi-media sta. if you place it facing toward the case turns on car dock. Had to get a different case. Battery was draining. Got the hard plastic inward facing case. Didn't like it at first but has grown on me because it is thin. Took a bit to get use to getting it in and out. So, its the magnet in the base of the leather pouch that's turning your phone on in the two different modes

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App