Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE Network Available To More Than Half The U.S. Population

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
4G availability <> accessibility
4G @ AB airport <> 4G in Austin
Grossly misleading statements like what that map and statements about 1/2 population having 4G available to them = epic fail

Yeah "available" probably means at some tiny area of the city haha

Reaction score
Well back in hampton. Lost 4g as soon as I got past fort eustice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Tegamal

Reaction score
Nice, I used to work in Altoona, PA! Can't wait until my town gets it, seeing how it's a decent-sized college town, I figure it's just a matter of time.

Snow02

Reaction score
For my fellow alabamians, I saw a job posting by glotel (verizon) for a lead lte tech to oversee construction in birmingham posted july 31st. Finally, they might be getting underway.

jedihep

Reaction score
Hmmmm .... am I the only on that finds it difficult to believe that half the US's population lives in and around only 117 cities within the US. This really is a stretch from big reds marketing department. Given maximum realistic usable range coupled with limiting typographical geographic features, I find this claim to be absurd marketing at it's very best. More accurately, it potentially is available to half the US population on a limited occasional use basis in that they cross through, and into coverage areas on a part time and limited basis during their travels combined with those that actually live within the actual use zones. I find these claims to be absurd marketing at best! Realism, accuracy, honesty, and integrity will get you more for your dollar than the best hype ever will. With claims like these it makes me think that I'm watching a 3 am infomercial. You want the public to be correctly informed, because once consumer becomes a customer, the last thing you want is to have them disappointed if you ever intend to keep them as a long term customer! Stop the hype and double talk and you'll be respected for it Verizon!

Snow02

Reaction score
Given maximum realistic usable range coupled with limiting typographical geographic features, I find this claim to be absurd marketing at it's very best. More accurately, it potentially is available to half the US population on a limited occasional use basis in that they cross through, and into coverage areas on a part time and limited basis during their travels combined with those that actually live within the actual use zones. I find these claims to be absurd marketing at best!

This, is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie.....:head explodes:

ToastnBananas

Reaction score
The way I see it it's either,
A: Verizon is just saying that to attract more customers into buying their 4glte phones
B: They spoke to soon before flipping on more 4g switches
or
C: They're referring to half of the u.s population that is either already with Verizon or half of the population that uses cellular technology.

If option C even makes any sense. Either way, that's a bold claim by Verizon. Im in Newark, Ohio and haven't seen 4g here yet.

But then again, the keyword could be 'available' as in not in your city but a neighboring one that you can easily access?
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sajgel

Reaction score
Albany, NY is live with 4g. It has been on since 2 days ago. Cant wait to see if they release the Bionic in the next 2 weeks or I might have to settle on the Rev or Charge.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Syracuse, NY's turned on a couple days ago, ahead of schedule. I spend a lot of time in the city, but now I'm hoping it comes to Oswego soon, as that's where I live.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Oddly enough while in the shipyard, at our contract hotel, for a night I saw a verizon LTE trailer parked in the hotel parking lot last month. Hopefully they WILL be bringing it to the Hampton Roads area.

At least my hometown (Bakersfield) just got it.

Reaction score
Well it's day 2 with 4g in yorktown. Sucks I don't get it at home 30 min away.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk