Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok so I just got a message I had 7 updates. I looked at them and all the auto updates were going, now, under apps I selected to manual update, I see Verizon Video. Now, I don't believe this was on my phone at all before. The description says, that the update (Download) will be billed $3 a day or $10 a month. Seems to me they are trying to slick this in with updates rather than just put in the market. So, if you notice this, unless your willing to pay, don't download it.

joggy

Reaction score
It does seem that VZ recently turned their apps into 'Auto updates=Y' type apps. On both my wife's and my VZ HTC phones we recently noticed update notifications for VZ Tones & VZ Nav and now both have manual updates for VZ Music. I've gone through all the VZ apps and unchecked the auto update flag. Additionally I've left one star rating for all of them and given 'thumbs up helpful' ratings to all one star reviews (well, many of them anyhow). This was a suggestion from another one star reviewer and while it won't remove VZ's crapware on stock ROM VZ phones, it still made me feel good to do this.

srvctec

Reaction score
@joggy That's exactly what I did the other day upon realizing what VZ was doing with those apps. Great minds think alike! :)

Sent from my DROID X2

xaelith

Reaction score
Even the google apps seem to be on auto update these days. I've gone through my app list 2 or 3 times just to make sure all auto-updates were turned off.

Natey2

Reaction score
Google Books auto-updated itself on my phone even though the auto-update checkbox was unchecked the day before.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk from GetJar

Heywood

Reaction score
Here too. VZW nav, Google maps, etc all updating themselves along with mysteriously switching back to auto update.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have this update too. I have not let it update because the description seams to say that installing this will cost you $10 a month.

Has anyone confirmed?
Is there away to stop and delete the update from the Market update list?
Will this be addressed in the glorious coming in November?

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Is it a V Cast update or a new app all together?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Just looked it up in the market. So how do i keep it from being auto updated?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apparently this is the old renamed Vcast app: Verizon Video launches. Bandwidth capped buyers beware. | ITworld

It seems that you have to subscribe to the service and then you will be charged. I don't think downloading the app will cost you anything. It apparently includes the $3 charge for a daily subscription. That seems to be a good deal if there is some show you just absolutely positively can not miss. You can get it without being on the hook for month's worth of subscription. Anyway, don't use it and you will not be charged.