Verizon update fail

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
I'm trying to install the latest Verizon update on my G3. It fails and has error code 0x1111004. Phone is rooted (one-click method). I am trying to unroot using SuperSU "Full unroot" option. It displays "Uninstalling. Please wait" for a long time - like a half hour. I hit the "home" button to exit out and it appears to be still rooted. Any suggestions? Thank you all.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Did you freeze, disable or delete any system files or apps when you rooted the device? If so you need to unfreeze, enable and/or reinstall those files or apps before attempting to return to stock.

S5 tap'n

OP
M

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
cr6,
In Titanium Backup, I UNfroze all apps.
In CleanerMaster, I allowed all apps to load at startup.
Then I uninstalled Titanium Backup and CleanerMaster just in case their use of superuser was causing the problem.
And I'm using the FREE version of SuperSU that was installed with one-click root.
Thanks.

OP
M

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
I performed a Factory Update to no avail. SuperSU was still in the apps, and the phone still had root. Again I tried SuperSU's "Full Unroot" option. This time, after about 45 minutes, it completed and SuperSU was uninstalled as well. Factory Update again. Verizon update error again. Settings -> About phone -> Software info -> Software status indicates "Modified". Now I'm prepared to run the Full Unroot procedure shown here How to Unroot Unbrick LG G3 Complete Stock AndroidRootz.com Source for Android Rooting ROMS Tricks and More All the files have been downloaded. Any thoughts, advice, warnings? Thanks. Oh, is the Verizon update (and possible future updates) even worth all this effort? One advantage is that if I Full Unroot successfully, I'll know better how to do it next time. Thank you.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Flashing the stock image is your best bet (which is what the tool you linked does.) Any tampering done to the system they are fully aware of. The update checks everything and won't install unless it sees a "clean" android OS

Sent from my Note 4

OP
M

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
It worked. Software status now is "Official" and all updates are installed. I appreciate the help and info.