Verizon unlock code won't work overseas

gdmcdonald

Reaction score
Do you have a Verizon account?

Do you have a Verizon account? How were you able to convince Verizon to unlock your phone?

jlag

Reaction score
Do you have a Verizon account? How were you able to convince Verizon to unlock your phone?

1) Yes, my Droid Pro is activated on a Verizon account in US.

2) I didn't know I had to convince them. I just called and asked for the code and they gave it to me.

fxin

Reaction score
I just bought the moto droid pro from Verizon and told them that the main purpose would be using the phone unlocked overseas. They kindly supplied me with the unlock code. Now i am in Thailand and it won't work. Once i insert any local sim cards I get " sim network code" request. I called Verizon and they gave me 2 codes that won't work at all. Here i am with a "world" phone that is useless. Can anyone help please?
Thank you,
Emil

Buy at Amazon?

SingingAlcazar

Reaction score
Ok here's a new question. I'm getting prompted for an OTA update from Verizon.

1) Do I want to accept this?
2) Will this disable my unlock?
3) If I don't, how can I stop it from prompting me? I've changed the OTACERT.ZIP file already but that doesn't seem to stop it.

rafeee2

Reaction score

3) If I don't, how can I stop it from prompting me? I've changed the OTACERT.ZIP file already but that doesn't seem to stop it.

I unlocked only once when I got the phone. Since then, I've flashed the SBF 5 times and every time I accepted the update. I've never been prompted for my unlock code since the first time.

SingingAlcazar

Reaction score

I unlocked only once when I got the phone. Since then, I've flashed the SBF 5 times and every time I accepted the update. I've never been prompted for my unlock code since the first time.

Cool. Thanks. Just updated. Confirmed it works.

Boot time is long the first time after the update and now the eye animation is cooler. Be patient people. :)

My Z4root got cancelled so i have to re-root. Z4 still works.

enkephale

Reaction score
Droid Pro Unlocking

Hi All,

I am also stuck with the same problem of unlocking Droid Pro.

* Verizon Droid Pro was bought online from Amazon Wireless as a replacement phone without any contract.

* Phone was never activated in the USA

* Phone is requesting for SIM Network Unlock PIN

* Verizon declined to give unlock code as I am not a Verizon Customer and I don't have a contract with them. I need to be a customer for 90 days minimum.

* Tried Unlocking Codes from SwiftUnlocks and EndlessConnections/UnlockG. Both apparently gave me back the same code that doesn't work. They claimed that Verizon might have changed the unlock code and only Verizon can unlock the phone now.

* Any solution/work around? Its a blunder that I bought a brand new phone at retail price (without contract).

Please help.

Regards
Enkephale

mbd4524

Reaction score
Hi All,

* Verizon Droid Pro was bought online from Amazon Wireless as a replacement phone without any contract.

* Verizon declined to give unlock code as I am not a Verizon Customer and I don't have a contract with them. I need to be a customer for 90 days minimum.

* Tried Unlocking Codes from SwiftUnlocks and EndlessConnections/UnlockG. Both apparently gave me back the same code that doesn't work. They claimed that Verizon might have changed the unlock code and only Verizon can unlock the phone now.

* Any solution/work around? Its a blunder that I bought a brand new phone at retail price (without contract).

Please help.

Regards
Enkephale

The only thing I can think of at this point, is to try to find somebody on Verizon that would be willing to help you (maybe offer to pay them something).

fxin

Reaction score
Hi All,

Please help.

Regards
Enkephale

The only thing I can think of at this point, is to try to find somebody on Verizon that would be willing to help you (maybe offer to pay them something).
yes,buy Amazon Wireless 。Will break the way?

raphael888

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what you guys are talking about or not, but maybe it will help for those that have never connected to the verizon network and need to activate their SIM.

to skip the initial activation screen do the following:
touch top right, top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.
That'll get you past the initial activation screen. from there perhaps you can get up and running on your foreign gsm carrier.

Yes, it works.
For gsm/umts users, there is another way to bypass activation.
On the inital screen, click MENU, change your band to gsm/umts.
That's what my eBay seller told me.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

fxin

Reaction score
I purchased unlocked from amazon wireless and got it sent to me directly overseas.
I was able to unlock via Verizon global by temporarily putting the phone on a Verizon plan. From my understanding, you can get the phone unlocked by paying for one of these unlocking services.
At that point, the phone prompted me to complete the registration. I could not seem to get out of that screen. I then called back Verizon global and they informed me that I would have to ship my phone back to the US in order to unlock there. I was obviously furious at that point.
The next day I picked up the phone again, and walllaa..it was working.
Same thing happened when I did a hard reset on it. It seems like you have to register it, but if you play round with it enough, it somehow skips the process.

How do you unlock the network lock?I bought in the Amazon too.But can not unlock.

fxin

Reaction score
I just bought the moto droid pro from Verizon and told them that the main purpose would be using the phone unlocked overseas. They kindly supplied me with the unlock code. Now i am in Thailand and it won't work. Once i insert any local sim cards I get " sim network code" request. I called Verizon and they gave me 2 codes that won't work at all. Here i am with a "world" phone that is useless. Can anyone help please?
Thank you,

enkephale

Reaction score
Ripped :-(

fxin,

I have tried many more online IMEI Unlock providers. All of them give the same unlock code that wont work. They say that Verizon would have changed the code and only they can unlock now. Or we should avail cable unlock service.

I am yet to get the phone unlocked. Poor me.

Any Verizon account holders who wish to help me. I can pay a reasonable fee.

Regards
enkephale

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Seems the issues with most is the phone Must be Registered on the Network here in the US before it can be unlocked for overseas use. If you can;t accomplish that the device is useless.