Verizon Tweets their Samsung Galaxy S4 Will be Available for Preorder Tomorrow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
sgs4-vzw-preorder-tweet.png

Verizon just shared an exciting Tweet this morning. Their version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available for preorder tomorrow (April 25th). They still didn't share what their contract pricing will be compared to the competition. Will it be the usual $199.99, or perhaps $249.99 (or even $299.99)? At least we are one step closer to finding out.

For more discussions on the Galaxy S4, check out the Galaxy S4 Forum: Samsung Galaxy S4

Source: Twitter - VZW

vannDROID

I'm surprised they haven't dumbed-down the phone like they did with the DNA....Oh well, guess those tiered data share everything plans will make up for it.

thc1967

Is there any benefit at all to pre-ordering? Why couldn't I just go to the store on release day and buy one?

trestevenson

Is there any benefit at all to pre-ordering? Why couldn't I just go to the store on release day and buy one?

I suppose you could, although there's no guarantee the store(s) you go to will have any in stock. There's also a chance you would have to wait in line, only to have the store run out of stock while you wait. I think pre-ordering only guarantees that you are allotted a device once they're available for release.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
I'm wondering if Samsung will be able to meet the demand on release day and how popular the device will initially be. Seems like a lot of power users are still waiting to learn more about the next gen Motorola Phone and the Nexus.

Hugh Jass

I'm wondering if Samsung will be able to meet the demand on release day and how popular the device will initially be. Seems like a lot of power users are still waiting to learn more about the next gen Motorola Phone and the Nexus.

Supposedly they plan on widespread shortages due to unexpected demand, but since Verizon is so late to the game they may have planned for that already on Verizon's network.