Verizon Shipping Some Galaxy SIII Pre-orders Early

zacedward

Reaction score
sstenhjem said:
My status says the phone shipped on the 3rd. Oh man, I may have to go home early today and wait on the porch for the FEDEX guy. DancingNexus

I know huh I am going to call in sick when mine comes

tlegower

Reaction score
anybody know if/when best buy preorders will begin to be filled? According to best buy's mobile chat rep, they don't have any information on expected arrival dates despite the pending official release and the fact that Verizon has started shipping units to fill pre-orders

I called the BB a couple hours ago and talked to a woman in the mobile department. She seemed to know what was going on (as well as anyone at Best Buy has been informed at least). Here's what she told me:

Verizon announced a release date of the 10th. We'll probably get them in store a few days before that. We may be able to do what we did with the other carriers, which was to sell the pre-orders as soon as we got them in, however, that was because the other carriers were delayed, so they gave us permission to do that. Verizon is not delayed because they hadn't released a release date until now, so I am not sure they'll allow us to sell the pre-orders as soon as we get them. You will get an email when they are in and we're able to sell them. I'd say expect them to be available on July 10th and be happily surprised if we're allowed to sell the pre-orders earlier.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I checked at work and we don't have an exact date. Probably a couple of days before but all we had in our info is that Verizon announced the July 10th release date and that we'll get more information later this week...so either tomorrow or Saturday.

jseah

Reaction score
So just checked my order status again this morning and it has changed from in process to processed. Now the order number is a valid number, but not shipped yet. Doesn't show the carrier making the delivery nor does it have a tracking number. It does say that it will ship by the 9th. I'm hoping that it will ship today, since someone else who ordered on the 12th had theirs shipped yesterday.

Lastdaze

Reaction score
If anybody else is wondering, best buy told me today they would have the verizon units available on the 10th, preorder or otherwise

jseah

Reaction score
I got the shipping notification emails a few hours ago. With the weekend, and the two day shipping (although going from PA to NY really should only take 1 day), the packages are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.

zacedward

Reaction score
Just got my shipping email it will be here on July 10 finaly woot woot

jgmecarter

Reaction score
The thing that sucks is that you pre ordered a phone and you are getting it on the same day that you could have walked in the store and got one

zacedward

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
The thing that sucks is that you pre ordered a phone and you are getting it on the same day that you could have walked in the store and got one

I know huh but at least i still have my unlimited

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Mine won't be here until the 10th. I don't know if my Droid X can last that long. :icon_eek:

zacedward

Reaction score
funwheeldrive said:
Mine won't be here until the 10th. I don't know if my Droid X can last that long. :icon_eek:

Hopefully for your sake ;)