Verizon SGS2 to have QWERTY slideout keyboard.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Geek.com sounds pretty sure of themselves that this will have a slideout keyboard:

"Last year, the Samsung Galaxy S phone on Verizon caused quite a bit of controversy for Big Red, as it was one of the first Verizon phones to come with Bing, instead of Google, pre-loaded for many of its services. Controversy aside the Samsung Fascinate was a great phone that sold well for Verizon. This go around, however, Verizon decided they wanted their Galaxy phone to be a little different. Similar to Sprint’s Epic 4G last year, Verizon’s Galaxy S2 phone will have a massive slide out QWERTY keyboard and come with LTE onboard. There’s no mention or leak of a release date, but the Fascinate was the last of the Galaxy S devices to launch last year."

Source

DoctorV

Reaction score
I think they're wrong about this. I thought this was already reported over a month ago and then quickly debunked stating that Epic 4G clone phone was not going to be a variant of the GSII.

That Samsung announcement on the 29th can't come soon enough. I'm sick of the speculation and I need some concrete answers on the GSII or else it's Bionic time for me.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I agree, all the rumors and speculation is getting pretty obnoxious and unnerving, I'd not mind if the SII came with a slider, but only if it remains thin (say a bit thinner than my OG Droid) including LTE. I don't want to sacrifice aesthetics and weight for some keys to tap on, really.

At any rate I need something solid so I can make a decision soon because my poor Droid has just about had it...=-/