Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Showing Up in Stores a bit Early: May 23rd!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-sgs4-may23.PNG

We have exciting news for Verizon customers who have been anxiously awaiting the retail launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4 on Big Red. They just officially announced the device will come 7 days earlier than expected and will hit retail shelves on May 23rd! Here's the quote from Verizon's newsroom with the update at the top,

UPDATE - Monday, May 13: The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available for purchase online and in Verizon Wireless Stores starting May 23.

The Samsung Galaxy S® 4 is now available for pre-order online for $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. The smartphone will be available for purchase online and in Verizon Wireless stores starting May 30.

The Galaxy S 4 introduces new photo features like Dual Shot, paired with a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera to take professional looking photographs. Dual Shot allows the use of both the rear and front facing cameras at the same time and lets phone users to include themselves in pictures or videos.

The Galaxy S 4 is Global Ready and can travel overseas with anyone, but the software may make it an essential item for the world traveler. S Translator™ operates as a multilingual pocket dictionary native to the phone, translating words and phrases when typed or spoken into the app.

Other apps on the Galaxy S 4 include WatchON™, which turns the smartphone into a home entertainment remote and personal TV guide. Air View™ and Air Gesture let users interact with their smartphone without even touching it. Hovering a finger over the screen lets users preview emails and waving a hand over the phone can scroll up and down a webpage.

Customers can choose between two color models, Black Mist or White Frost. Additional product information can be found here.

Source: VZW & Twitter - VZW

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
My pre-order better be at my door on or before that day! :nerd:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Contemplating getting this as a replacement for my Bionic. Since I would get it off contract, I am a little hesitant to jump on it. Had some one on one with a Sprint variant and thought it was okay, but I was not "blown away". Maybe because my Bionic still has life in it, unlike my OG DROID which was ready to move on.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Looks like the Moto X device isn't going to be anything. I'm going to wait a week to see what the word is on the actual device to make sure this can be rooted. It looks like I'm going to just pay full price.