verizon s4 root??

dubster07

Reaction score
I have vzn s4 5.0.1..anyway to root?I can't oden back to kitkst it freezes up..tried kingroot no luck..towel root no luck..any help would be greatly appreciated

Randy72560

Reaction score
I was about to post the same question, wonder what root, if any works on an S4 now - I missed up and updated my phone, sort of - lost my root, and it won't do normal updates.

Was going to hard reset it back to factory, and try a root. Now that foxfi doesn't work anymore, I wanted to root and grab a decent wifi tether app

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Which ver of Android are you running?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Last I heard, and this was many months ago around May, that they still haven't found a way to root the s4 without going back to KitKat first and then upgrading to Lollipop by flashing the update. I believe that's how I did it as well.

Take a look over at XDA forums or do a Google search that leads you to XDA and hopefully you'll find your answer.

Randy72560

Reaction score
So that is Kitkat right? As I said, I had it rooted through TowelRoot, then an auto update tried to install, it downloads files, and the install fails. And I lost my root too - So now I'm sorta stuck - Not sure what I can do?