Verizon Rolling Out Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge

grrouchie

Reaction score
Got my update yesterday. So far only real thing that sticks out to me is that I am not a fan of the visual change for the sidebar. After I play with it for a few days we will see how I feel about it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

wardo

Reaction score
I miss the visual effects when opening the screen.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Found 2 things I don't like. I keep my phone in power saving mode all the time partially because of those stupid lights for the back and menu buttons. When it is plugged in, the phone still lights up those buttons.
Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I keep mine disabled on my S5 at all times. Having a physical home button makes it's easy to know exactly where your back & menu buttons are. It takes a day or two to get used to it, but give it a try.

S5 tap'n

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I keep mine disabled on my S5 at all times. Having a physical home button makes it's easy to know exactly where your back & menu buttons are. It takes a day or two to get used to it, but give it a try.

S5 tap'n
What is the function to disable them?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score

S5 tap'n
Not an option on the Verizon S6. I had it disabled on my S5 also. That's why I had to go with power saving. There's an app I could download, but I shouldn't have to do that.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Found 2 things I don't like. I keep my phone in power saving mode all the time partially because of those stupid lights for the back and menu buttons. When it is plugged in, the phone still lights up those buttons. 2nd thing I dislike is that when in power saving, the notification bar is gray.
What I do like is that now when my phone is on silent and power saving is enabled, my phone will still vibrate when receiving a text message.

So have you taken it out of power saving mode to check the notification bar? I haven't but I hate the gray and was wondering why it changed and have been trying to change it back. Lol. Guess I'm trying that next.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
A slight update after having mine updated for a while. Battery life is still pretty high. I love the Doze feature. I have forgotten or was too tired to care about plugging my phone back up at night with 25-30% left and 6-8 hours later I was only down 10% or so from the night before.
I have also come to love the Ultimate Power Saving mode. I sometimes use it as a "work" or "study" profile when i need to focus. The only gripe is that wifi is automatically disabled in this mode. So I have to turn it back on regardless of the state I came from and it costs you about a percent or two of power to go into and come out of UPS mode.

I have also found that wifi is much stronger since the update. At a cost though. Using wifi while not on power Saving mode eats up battery fairly quickly if you aren't plugged up. In Power Saving Mode, wifi performance is just as superb but battery drain is substantially slower.

This is probably the first time in EVER, I haven't ran a third party launcher over TouchWhiz. They have seriously given it a great make over. Colors are crisp, gimmicks are few and the Theme Store is plentiful. Kudos! My only detraction here doesn't quiet extend to TouchWhiz as much as it is to Samsung's native lack of ability to remove Bloatware.