Verizon Rolling Out LTE to 20+ New Cities Across the Eastern U.S. on May 17th

BenRx

Reaction score
I was just in Myrtle Beach, SC this past weekend and they already have it there.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've had 4G in York PA turned on now for over 3 weeks. Too bad it goes back to 3G about 300yards before my office.
I live in Mt. Joy, work in Marietta, and all over Lancaster County has had 4G turned on for about 3-4 weeks also. The only 3G or worse was down in the very southern end of Rt. 441 near Turkey Hill.

I just did a speed test of the 4G at my house and got 6954 kbps Download and 812 kbps Upload in my house. I'm not sure if that's good or not.

Meltman

Reaction score
I live Columbia Pa and I've been seeing 4G for a couple weeks now but in and out nothing steady! With it coming to Lancaster and York I think I just might be ok.........I'm hoping lol!

N4UPD

Reaction score
Are there any expansions on May 17th? Seems like Montgomery Al. is expanding because now getting 4 g signal Solid all the way to the 205 Clanton exit.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Are there any expansions on May 17th? Seems like Montgomery Al. is expanding because now getting 4 g signal Solid all the way to the 205 Clanton exit.
I can't say for sure, but I know around here I experienced the 4G upgrades myself weeks before I saw them announced by Verizon. My guess is that they activate it, test it, then announce it once they know it's working properly.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
It seems expansion is included as well. I live on the tail end of Etowah County, about 2 miles from Boaz...Boaz and Albertville have 4G, but it does not stretch that extra 2 miles to my house.

I work in Cullman, which has awesome 4G signal and speeds...it stretches 4G coverage all the way down Hwy69 into Fairview...almost to the tail end of Arab, but it only goes down Hwy278E to Berlin then drops off...I havent tested Hwy278W passed Cullman, or Interstate 65...

N4UPD

Reaction score
Hope Birmingham expands in next few months so that the Montgomery expansion will meet with Birmingham and Clanton will be fully covered.Hopefully goes West far enough to reach Maplesville and Isabella.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I live in Panama City, FL. The closest 4G coverage is hundreds of miles away in Tallahassee, I believe. However, on May 11th, my GNex had a 4G signal off and on for about 30 minutes. Haven't seen 4G since. What's confusing is that PC isn't listed in this announcement, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

N4UPD

Reaction score
They may be testing it and Panama City may be on for June. Have you asked any of your local Verizon stores if they know anything? I asked mine when we saw a 4g signal on our phone and the rep told me we should get it July or August but as late as October.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently Verizon is making me wait right until the 17th to see it...I keep testing for it a couple times a day but no 4g... I think I might just forget about battery life for a few days and just leave my phone on cdma/lte...

Briankbl

Reaction score
They may be testing it and Panama City may be on for June. Have you asked any of your local Verizon stores if they know anything? I asked mine when we saw a 4g signal on our phone and the rep told me we should get it July or August but as late as October.

Good idea. I'll give them a call.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
In new Hampshire we are a huge vacation spot by the lakes if Verizon was smart the put a 4g tower up so people can experience 4g on vacation . Tisk tisk Verizon. All the surrounding city have it that borde the lakes but no 4g

geoff5093

Reaction score
In new Hampshire we are a huge vacation spot by the lakes if Verizon was smart the put a 4g tower up so people can experience 4g on vacation . Tisk tisk Verizon. All the surrounding city have it that borde the lakes but no 4g
I'm surprised they brought 4G to Francestown/Antrim before bringing it to the Lakes Region.