Verizon Rolling Out LTE to 20+ New Cities Across the Eastern U.S. on May 17th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-4g-lte-coverage-march-2012.png

The map above is for March, but is the closest time-frame we could find to this rollout.

Verizon continues to impress with how fast it is rolling out its LTE network. You can mark May 17th down as a date to remember if you live in one of the below listed cities. Verizon's LTE service will be rolling out to these areas on that date. Most of this new rollout is in the eastern half of the United States. Here's a list for your perusal:
  • Jersey Shore, NJ
  • Lancaster and York, PA
  • Cape Cod, MA
  • Northern VT
  • Delaware Shore, DE
  • Dickinson, ND
  • Williston, ND
  • Martinsville, VA
  • Shenandoah Valley, VA
  • Fredericksburg, VA
  • Canton, Ohio
  • Youngstown and Warren, OH
  • Cambria County, PA
  • Erie, PA
  • Somerset, PA
  • Bucyrus, OH
  • Lima, OH
  • New Castle, PA
  • Defiance, OH
  • Toledo, OH
  • Ashtabula, OH
  • Oil City and Franklin, PA
  • Mansfield, OH
  • Benton Harbor and St. Joseph, MI
  • Myrtle Beach, SC

Source: VZW

geoff5093

Reaction score
Way more then 20 cities, "Northern VT" alone consists of 30 cities and towns.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Add Panama City, FL to that list baby!

Edit: Being very sporadic, going in and out constantly. Ran a speed test and was getting nearly 3Mbps. Our area hasn't officially been announced for 4G rollout yet, so this came as quite a surprise lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I live half way between Philly and Atlantic City. Lets see if I finally get it. I'm not holding my breath this time.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
We've had 4G in York PA turned on now for over 3 weeks. Too bad it goes back to 3G about 300yards before my office.

grgguy

Reaction score
Wow, no California love.

Ya , whats the deal? I live in Socal and if you don't live in the city there's no 4g. Whats the problem , why are all these little boonedock towns getting before some of the larger suburbs of beautiful southern California?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Ya , whats the deal? I live in Socal and if you don't live in the city there's no 4g. Whats the problem , why are all these little boonedock towns getting before some of the larger suburbs of beautiful southern California?
Because we're better :icon_ banana:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
NH needs more! c'mon! Bring some to Derry or Salem!

Briankbl

Reaction score
Add Panama City, FL to that list baby!

Edit: Being very sporadic, going in and out constantly. Ran a speed test and was getting nearly 3Mbps. Our area hasn't officially been announced for 4G rollout yet, so this came as quite a surprise lol

I am retracting my previous post lol. Haven't had 4G since this morning, leading me to believe they were just testing a new tower and we will be next in line for an official launch.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
dgstorm said:
The map above is for March, but is the closest time-frame we could find to this rollout.

Verizon continues to impress with how fast it is rolling out its LTE network. You can mark May 17th down as a date to remember if you live in one of the below listed cities. Verizon's LTE service will be rolling out to these areas on that date. Most of this new rollout is in the eastern half of the United States. Here's a list for your perusal:

[*] Canton, Ohio
[*] Youngstown and Warren, OH
[*] Erie, PA
[*] Lima, OH
[*] New Castle, PA
[*] Ashtabula, OH
[*] Oil City and Franklin, PA

Source: VZW
Yessss, THIS is what I was waiting for...apparently the local Verizon reps were right by saying I'd have 4g by June...all the cities above are the ones that are right around me
Btw the Youngstown/Warren one and the Erie one already have 4g so I'm assuming they are expanding the coverage there...the Youngstown/Warren one was especially annoying being so close but not close enough (that coverage ends just within 15-20 miles of me)