Verizon Plans to Enable Global Roaming with Droid 4 & LG Spectrum

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid4-global-roaming.jpg

This is an interesting and appreciated thing for VZW to do. Apparently, they are planning to make the new Motorola Droid 4 and the LG Spectrum global roaming capable. Being a GSM capable global roamer is a nice and unexpected feature for the Droid 4. According to the report, Verizon is working on network enhancements that will allow them to add the GSM roaming capabilities to the two phones, but those features won't be available until later on in the first half of this year.

Now, if the different carriers could all settle on a single LTE standard, then we could have global high-speed internet everywhere!

If you are going to dream... dream big! ;)

Source: Engadget

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.....
This means that the Razr, Razr MAXX, Bonic, etc could all do global roaming.
The Droid4 is a derivative of the Razr/Bionic family with the same chipset and radio.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.....
This means that the Razr, Razr MAXX, Bonic, etc could all do global roaming.
The Droid4 is a derivative of the Razr/Bionic family with the same chipset and radio.
Yup! this is backed by the fact that the first time we saw pictures of the new Droid Bionic, it was being used over in China.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
They will always block US carriers as long as they are not legally required to do otherwise.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I can say is, it is about time they came out with a Global roaming 4G LTE phone. I am pretty excited about the Droid 4!