Verizon Over Charging for EA Apps

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you install market enabler and after you set it to the carrier you want to use to spoof the market you are going to have to go into setting, applications, manage applications, and find the market (it will be under running or all) and clear data, cache , and force stop. Then when you open the market again you will see the prices for what ever carrier you have as your spoof.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I was thinking about this more.... Are you sure this is Verizon doing this and not EA? After all, isn't it EA who sets the prices for EA apps, and isn't it EA who filters their own apps based on phone/carrier, since it's their app listing? How do we know that this isn't just EA being pissy because VZW somehow screwed them?

I mean, if Jaxidian Software released a game called "Jax Ball" and I decided to launch it twice: once for $1 and another for $5 and I blocked all Droid X from getting the $1 version but allowed them to get the $5 version (and vice versa with other phones), would you blame VZW for this? So why are we blaming VZW for this and not EA?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not ruling ea out. Like I said it would not surprise me if ea shook hands with vzw saying that they will allow vzw to put sample games on their flagship devices in exchange for a little extra from vzw customers when it come time to buy the full version.

Beardface

Reaction score
I was thinking about this more.... Are you sure this is Verizon doing this and not EA? After all, isn't it EA who sets the prices for EA apps, and isn't it EA who filters their own apps based on phone/carrier, since it's their app listing? How do we know that this isn't just EA being pissy because VZW somehow screwed them?

I mean, if Jaxidian Software released a game called "Jax Ball" and I decided to launch it twice: once for $1 and another for $5 and I blocked all Droid X from getting the $1 version but allowed them to get the $5 version (and vice versa with other phones), would you blame VZW for this? So why are we blaming VZW for this and not EA?

Yeah, I would think that if it was EA doing this, they'd have done the same on Sprint, due to the popularity of the EVO.

No, this reeks of Verizon placing a secretive tariff on select applications. This information should be fully disclosed to their customers, and its borderline illegal that they don't, really.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Verizon is leveraging th quality of their network to force unwanted or overpriced items on us. The only way around it is Root or leave Verizon...

Given the fact i use my phone for work and after suffering with Nextel, Tmobile and Sprint... i'll go with rooting.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not for pirating apps. For one no need to do that and two you have more chance of malware.

Last edited by a moderator:

tmal2

Reaction score
God, Verizon is definitely getting more brazen in their charging. They know they have people by virtue of the network coverage and now they're going to just start abusing us with it. Unbelievable.

I think you hit the nail on the head jkhonea. Just looking at all the changes Verizon has made in the past 6 months shows that they are very confident that customers will stay no matter what they try.
A perfect example is the price of the TB at $299. Top tier phones used to be in the $200 range with a 2 year contract. Now Verizon has pushed it to $300 because they know they can.

I expect a lot more of the same from them in the future

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
God, Verizon is definitely getting more brazen in their charging. They know they have people by virtue of the network coverage and now they're going to just start abusing us with it. Unbelievable.

I think you hit the nail on the head jkhonea. Just looking at all the changes Verizon has made in the past 6 months shows that they are very confident that customers will stay no matter what they try....

+1 I'd like to hear good news from Verizon one day.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What will be interesting is if it will be easy to switch networks with AT&T rolling out LTE and Sprint apparently going that direction - so about everyone on LTE and with sim cards it seems like it should be a lot easier to switch carriers.

Of course, I'm sure they will do something to prevent that. But we need that competition not only to check carrier prices, but also bring down prices of phones.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Speaking of EA, when NFS shift was on sale for 99 cents, I bought it. Later I factory reset and when I went to redownload, it listed the price in the market rather than saying "purchased" 2nd emails to Earth with no reply. I'm getting mad!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sure hope and pray someone hears the cry of the people!!!!im with sprint rite now and just joined this awesome site the other day and looking 4ward to the bionic,but this is very sad-caught 2 times n a matter of what 3 to 4mos.ur getting big headed-big red!!!!! :-(

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Speaking of EA, when NFS shift was on sale for 99 cents, I bought it. Later I factory reset and when I went to redownload, it listed the price in the market rather than saying "purchased" 2nd emails to Earth with no reply. I'm getting mad!

I have the same issue it shows that I have to repurchase although I didn't wipe my phone. The app is still on my phone but isn't linked to the one on the market anymore. No reply from EA...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What will be interesting is if it will be easy to switch networks with AT&T rolling out LTE and Sprint apparently going that direction - so about everyone on LTE and with sim cards it seems like it should be a lot easier to switch carriers.

Of course, I'm sure they will do something to prevent that. But we need that competition not only to check carrier prices, but also bring down prices of phones.

Until the LTE network is fully rolled out for the other carriers as well as verizon, it will be very hard. The fallback for service is still CDMA, which means if you leave your LTE area or cannot connect to it, it still falls to a service that your phone probably can't handle.

Big Ry

Reaction score

I have the same issue it shows that I have to repurchase although I didn't wipe my phone. The app is still on my phone but isn't linked to the one on the market anymore. No reply from EA...

At least you still got yours

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Same thing here. I also lost Tetris, but for some reason they let me keep the Sims 3.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk