Verizon Note 3, left verizon with balance due need help switching to Tmobile

bhartmt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon Note 3 SM-N900V
I have a Verizon Note 3 SM-900V and long story short there's a past due balance that they will not work with me on therefor they will just get 0$ from me for being unethical about the whole situation because I'm doing a bankruptcy already for some other debts. I have tried to educate myself on the forums but most of it is too far above my understanding of phones and software changes. My understanding is that when verizon suspends my phone tomorrow for not meeting the payment arrangement we made, that they will mark my ESN as bad and prevent me from going to another carrier with my verizon phone. Someone please help me find out the steps to make the move to Tmobile with this situation. I have no problem voiding warranty/risking damaging the phone obviously. Thanks for any help

EDIT NOTE: removed strong profanity from the post.
UltraDroid, forum moderation staff

Last edited by a moderator:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's possible to move the Verizon Note 3 to T-Mobile, but takes some advanced changes within the device.

Finally solved Alll issues moving Verizon No Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 XDA Forums

That will only work if the ESN is clear. All of the major carriers in the U.S. share a big ESN blacklist now. If Verizon blacklists the ESN like the OP said they're going to do, the device won't work on T-Mobile.

If Verizon adds the ESN to the blacklist, you won't be able to get the device working on any major carrier in the U.S.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That will only work if the ESN is clear. All of the major carriers in the U.S. share a big ESN blacklist now. If Verizon blacklists the ESN like the OP said they're going to do, the device won't work on T-Mobile.

If Verizon adds the ESN to the blacklist, you won't be able to get the device working on any major carrier in the U.S.

It was my assumption that it was going to be blacklisted at some point today. If the phone is moved to T-Mobile and activated, and Verizon adds it to the blacklist, would T-Mobile deactivate it?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
According to the OP, his payment arrangement is due today. Once @bhartmt doesn't make the aforementioned agreed upon payment, it can then take anywhere from 3-6 months for the ESN to actually be blacklisted.
Verizon will first attempt to collect payment, and only after they have exhausted their "collections" process will they blacklist said ESN.
My suggestion to the OP is, if you don't intend to pay the bill, pick up a prepaid device. Much less hassle and you won't get locked into another carrier contract.

S5 tap'n

OP
B

bhartmt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon Note 3 SM-N900V
Mod Note: Changing the ESN/IMEI number on a phone is illegal in many countries and is a gray area legally in the U.S., therefore any discussion about it isn't allowed on this site.

I have already switched to Tmobile walmart plan and everything is working but 1 thing, I can only pick up 3G. I have seen a few youtube video tutorials on how to go from 3g to 4g (verizon to tmobile) in this scenario but they have a #* 27----bunch of numbers # prompt that you open to access the commands to do this, and that prompt does not open for me. Is this because they are rooted and I'm not rooted? I'm not educated in phone rooting and hope to avoid this proccess if possible. Any feedback appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: