Verizon no longer has rezound in stock

Reaction score
My rezound went into a constant reset loop yesterday. Pulling the battery did not help. I lost count after 15 resets in a row.

I went to my local Verizon store and they determined the phone was broken. They had to give me a loaner Eris and order a rezound as they said they did not have any rezounds in stock and that they now have to order that phone if a customer wants it. ???

Is Verizon discontinuing the rezound? Maybe they just said that so they did not have to give me a new one.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
They said they didn't have any in stock when I upgraded to it and I told them to go and check and they had 5 in back. They seem to just not want to go in back. Rather order then walk back half the time

Sent from Rezound

Snoking

Reaction score
So go get it back and follow the instructions to end the boot loop.

1. Remove the back or back and sim card.
2. Restart to phone
3. Go to the dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*
4. Go to the network settings and set it to CDMA auto PRL or LTE. It will most likely be in WCDMA.
5. POWER DOWN
6. Install sim and back cover
7. Restart.

Search for "Rezound stuck in boot loop"

I do not know why VZW does not train their people on this issue.

Last edited:
OP
D
Reaction score
The Eris is already activated and another rezound on the way. I wrote down your instructions and will certainly use them if my phone ever does it again. Thank you!

I just hope the rezound does not get dumped by Verizon and HTC before we get ics.

Snoking

Reaction score
dressagerider1 said:
The Eris is already activated and another rezound on the way. I wrote down your instructions and will certainly use them if my phone ever does it again. Thank you!

I just hope the rezound does not get dumped by Verizon and HTC before we get ics.

If you still have the Rezound it may be better than the refurbished one you get. I had them cancel my replacement. I think you can just return your replacement. Fix the boot loop and keep it.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy to get the the Zagg screen protector and was told that they're no longer carrying them for the Rezound. Any accessories they have on the floor (read: NONE) is it. I haven't seen any official documents, but the manager told me that our phones will no longer be available come July 1 (Q3).

cdm369

Reaction score
Just verizons way of trying to push newer phones(dinc4g) and such.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Snoking

Reaction score
cdm369 said:
Just verizons way of trying to push newer phones(dinc4g) and such.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

I got see a HTC 3 S with 4S 1.7 snapdragon processor yesterday on the dock. Guy works for T-Mobile. Took pictures while recording a video. Then he took around 8 pictures in a couple seconds. He handed it to me and I almost dropped it. Slim, light and slippery! This a model sold in other markets. Nice crisp display.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Yea, same thing happened to me about a month ago after my phone got crushed. The stupid lady at Verizon was trying to get me to trade for a RAZR. I told her no way because it was an inferior phone to what I had. Moto must be really giving big red a lot more cash for each Razr they sell vs the Rezound. Funny thing is that Moto lost big bucks last quarter. Gee, I wonder why...

PhDCow

Reaction score
Um, because they focus on power and ignore everything else an end user wants? I figured that one out after switching from the X to a Rhyme and falling madly in love with it. I guess that's why there are different models for different needs.

OP
D
Reaction score
PhDCow said:
I went to Best Buy to get the the Zagg screen protector and was told that they're no longer carrying them for the Rezound. Any accessories they have on the floor (read: NONE) is it. I haven't seen any official documents, but the manager told me that our phones will no longer be available come July 1 (Q3).

There was not one rezound accessory in my local Verizon store when I was there.

OP
D
Reaction score
acousticshade said:
Yea, same thing happened to me about a month ago after my phone got crushed. The stupid lady at Verizon was trying to get me to trade for a RAZR. I told her no way because it was an inferior phone to what I had. Moto must be really giving big red a lot more cash for each Razr they sell vs the Rezound. Funny thing is that Moto lost big bucks last quarter. Gee, I wonder why...

Verizon always seems to push MOTO phones. I have been through several motos over the past years and can honestly say I never care to own one again.

OP
D
Reaction score
PhDCow said:
Um, because they focus on power and ignore everything else an end user wants? I figured that one out after switching from the X to a Rhyme and falling madly in love with it. I guess that's why there are different models for different needs.

I agree. And HTC just seems to be my phone of choice. I like the operating system and the call quality and so much more.

That is the good thing about Android......several phones and makes to choose from!