Verizon Nexus 3G HELP!!

timpawlak

Reaction score
I've done a lot of researching, tried different roms and different radios, even the 4.0.4 leak with no luck. My problem is, the 3G upload is SO slow the phone is basically unusable. It doesn't matter where I go with the phone, Indianapolis, Chicago, nothing. 4G LTE works fine, pulling 30 meg download and 10-20 meg upload. I live in a 3G area, and verizon sent me a basic as heck razr which to me is a rip off because i paid 250$ for the nexus, and i love the nexus except for this problem. My family has a bionic, and two revolutions, each pull at least 1 meg upload no matter the time of day. I live right by a tower too. (the razr was fine with speed also.) My most recent speed test -- 2085 kbps download 39 kbps upload. They sent me 3 nexus's with the SAME problem. IDK what to do!! Can anyone help? (takes forever for anything to load, it never has been over 56k dial up speeds on 3g upload.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I've done a lot of researching, tried different roms and different radios, even the 4.0.4 leak with no luck. My problem is, the 3G upload is SO slow the phone is basically unusable. It doesn't matter where I go with the phone, Indianapolis, Chicago, nothing. 4G LTE works fine, pulling 30 meg download and 10-20 meg upload. I live in a 3G area, and verizon sent me a basic as heck razr which to me is a rip off because i paid 250$ for the nexus, and i love the nexus except for this problem. My family has a bionic, and two revolutions, each pull at least 1 meg upload no matter the time of day. I live right by a tower too. (the razr was fine with speed also.) My most recent speed test -- 2085 kbps download 39 kbps upload. They sent me 3 nexus's with the SAME problem. IDK what to do!! Can anyone help? (takes forever for anything to load, it never has been over 56k dial up speeds on 3g upload.

Its not just you. This phone is unbearable on 3g.

If you aren't in a strong 4g zone forget it..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
T

timpawlak

Reaction score
[video=youtube;X-OZXLhzbyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-OZXLhzbyU[/video] That is weird.. this Verizon Nexus seems fine, its just frustrating. Could the Samsung phones be setup to be throttled on 3G? My friends charge has the same problem. In the Verizon store, all the samsung phones are the same with upload. Would being on an unlimited data package have anything to do with it for samsung phones only? hmm..

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I live in a 3g only area and my nexus doesn't seem to be unbearable. I would love to have a better data connection but it seems fine. Same connection as my wife's bionic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I don't have any issue with 3g speeds. My upload was actually faster than download in a test I just ran. Probably because it's peak hours right now.
View attachment 47910

Sent from my GNex

nsmal24

Reaction score
resolution

OP, i sent you a pm but, for everyone, did you find a resolution? I am having the same issues.

HikenGruven

Reaction score
My 3G upload speeds are horrendous in Baltimore where I live (3-5 kilobytes/second), but fine everywhere else in the country. I've spent hours on the phone with a level 2 tech about it. They sent out some people to test it and got great results, of course they didn't use the GNex like I told them too. I've also gotten similar results on the models inside the store, telling me it's either a mass problem on the phone or a glitch in Baltimore's network. Of course Big Red's solution is to give me a refurb, which I know won't solve the problem, so I've just given up.